Truthfully, i want to give MBBV a bad review so that no one else finds out about this special place. I have read all of the previous reviews, and all are accurate. We stayed in villa #4 because its cheaper and we actually preffered it because it is the most private, and is closest to the parking area. and since most of our time was spent driving around the island checking things out, it made it convienient. And just as everyone else has already stated, you walk about 30 seconds, and your on the beach. Delta and Lollie are the biggest asset to this place. We pulled up in the taxi for the first time, and Delta comes over, and hugs me like my mom does. Believe it when you read the reviews, you are now family. It was funny, one afternoon, Delta was following my wife and i up the stairs as we were visiting about what we had done during the day(she was really interested in making our days go as we wanted), and this guy walks up and says "Hey Delta, It wouldn't be a trip to Anguilla with out seeing you. He msut have drove out of his way to jsut stop by and say hi. As this was our first trip out of the U.S., my wife and i were a little out of our element traveling abroad. I asked Delta were the restraunt was that we wanted to eat at that night, and we just started visiting like family. So we asked her to Join us. She is that personable. Delta, if you ever read this, We will never forget you and how you made us feel right at home in a new place. You are a special person, and we enjoyed meeting your family.
Another thing i want to mention that i wont forget. Anguilla as a whole is full of friendly people. You can sense that the native people "get it". they understand that their livelyhood is solely based off tourism and their success is based off of making repeat customers out of new customers. They are all this way. Back to the thing i want to mention...the gardener stopped me on the last day we were there. He knew that it was our last day first of all. In most circumstances that would be impressive. But furthermore, he looked me in the eye and whole heartily asked me if there was anything that they could have done to make our stay more enjoyable. I was floored that the "gardener" actually cared about how well MBBV did as far as making our trip as enjoyable as it could be.
Dont get me wrong when i say that the staff and you will have interaction. They are always outside primping and pruning the grounds, or maintaing the villas to impecable standards. They will always stop what they are doing and give you a smile and a hello. The onsite handy man/ pool man everyday would greet us with "Have a blessed Day!". I wont forget his genuine kindness. It was as if I were the president being greeted everyday as we jumped in our white Hyundai to explore the island.
We would give our left arm to stay here again. and we will stay again not soon enough.
So with that said, I will offer some advice to the owner and management to only improve on what is close to perfection....
1) Let Delta be the main and only contact person. Let her take all phone calls from customers when planning their stay. I went through Jim at first, then he dissapeared into thin air. Then I was dealing with Chris upto the day we arrived. Then upon arrival, it was your son. Although all of these guys were great to deal with, from my perspective, i got cold feet wondering why i wasnt dealing with the same person everytime. It just gave me kind of a fishy feeling. And i was worried that all of the details of reservations, and daytrips, etc. were not getting reserved or scheduled because i was dealing with a new person everytime. Just let Delta handle it, because she is the common denominator.
Just to be clear though, everything did end up being handled just as we asked, no problems. it just took a lot of phone calls on my part to get the comfort level up.
Now that we personally know the people and the way things happen at MBBV, we will have no problems staying here again. Cant wait. The villas are spotless. You dont have to worry about your personal belongings. the beach is just steps away. there is great food all over the island. the beds are very comfortable. the outdoor shower is great. the airconditioning is COLD, and i am from south dakota! it is a nice and quiet setting, you are off the main road quite aways. the only thing wrong with the villas is that its on such a beautiful island, that you wont get to spend enough time in it to enjoy all of its ammenities. Trust the pictures, they are not fluffed in anyway. they really are that nice.
Again, The people of this resort are the biggest plus of this place! Delta, if you get to read this someday, i hope my kind words are some sort of reimbursement for how special you made us feel. you are a special lady. We miss you as soon as we got on that damn ferry back to St. Maarten. We cant wait to see you again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meads Bay Beach Villas is a collection of 4 two-bedroom private villas on Meads Bay Beach, on the western shores of Anguilla in the British West Indies. Each villa features 1700 square feet of living space, including a fully equipped kitchen, comfortable living room, 2 ½ bathrooms, a large pool and sun deck with private swimming pool as well as a lounge and outdoor dining area. The property offers one of Anguilla’s exclusive beachfront villa settings, where guests step out directly onto the powder white sand of Meads Bay. The warm turquoise ocean water is only steps away from each villa. Meads Bay Beach Villas is the perfect option for honeymooners, couples, families and friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Meads Bay Beach Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meads Bay Beach Villas Hotel West End
- Meads Bay Hotel
- Meads Bay Beach Villas Anguilla/West End Village