“Excellent food and great ambience!”
Review of Aleta at Viceroy Anguilla - CLOSED

Aleta at Viceroy Anguilla
Cuisines: American, Caribbean
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Enjoy the views of the Caribbean Sea from this poolside restaurant with an exceptional continental breakfast and a la carte menu. The island-inspired poolside menu will tempt your taste buds throughout the day.
Reviewed March 31, 2011

My husband and I just returned from an eight night stay at the Viceroy for our honeymoon. The resort itself is fantastic and we found the food to be the best on the island. We had breakfast at Aleta several times and dinner one night. Aleta is positioned right in front of one of the resort pools, with the ocean in the background, and this makes for a pretty backdrop for dinner. We also ate at Coba (food was fantastic there too) but found the dinner ambience at Aleta to bea bit "cozier" and more intimate. For dinner we each had a salad - the presentation was so pretty I had to take a picture - and shared a lobster spring roll. For an entree I had the Anguillan lobster which was incredible (also had to take a picture of that) - my husband had the seabass - delicious as well. For dessert my husband had the cheesecake and I had the cappucino creme brulee - both great. The wine list was very good and we were surprised to see one of our favorites - Gavi di Gavi - which we rarely see on wine lists. Like all restaurants in Anguilla, Aleta is pricy. Our dinner - two salads, an appetizer, two entrees, two desserts and a bottle of win - was just under $300. This is par for the course in Anguillan restaurants - they are very expensive - you need to accept this is visting the island. I would highly recommend Aleta whether you are staying at Viceroy or not (and, if you can, stay at the Viceroy!)

Reviewed February 6, 2011

We have tried the restaurents at various times due to the stunning location. Unfortunately they do not seem to improve. We had a friendly welcome but then the staff seemed to vanish and we were left to pour water/wine ourselves. Food average at best and overpriced. Really sad as bar is great but won't try the food again - try Blanchards,Hibernia or Da Vida.