“Came to see the nighttime entertainment” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Coba

Coba
Reserve with OpenTable
Coba is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Seafood, Caribbean, Grill
Good for: Scenic view, Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: A destination unto itself, Cobà restaurant sits at the convergence of Barnes Bay and Meads Bays, offering limitless sea vistas. Cobà's dramatic views from its blufftop location provide the perfect backdrop for this signature restaurant and vibrant seafood grill.
newtown
“Came to see the nighttime entertainment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2014 via mobile

My girlfriends and I wanted to spend an evening just listening to music and have some drinks in a beautiful setting, so we picked Coba at viceroy. It's a beautiful restaurant for dinner although we only had apps & drinks ( which were excellent) and were mostly here for the music.
The entertainment of the night was a young man named Omalie Durand & his band 360 . I don't usually write a music review on trip advisors, usually just hotel/ restaurant reviews but I wanted to recommend the guests of Anguilla to go see this singer. When my friends and I heard him start to sing we literally all went quiet... Thru his entire set! His voice is beautiful to just sit back and listen. His band was great as well, with back up vocals, and other instruments that accompany his singing voice. Truly wonderful.
Afterwards he comes up to your table, introduces himself and chats for a minute before moving on to the next table. A first class act all the way, I only wish I caught him earlier in the week, as he also plays at Cap Juluca, and we were leaving the next day.
If you want to hear top rate talent, go listen to him while you enjoy dinner. You will not be disappointed, trust me.

1 Thank dianelongmore

Boston, Massachusetts
“worst service EVER”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2014

The venue is spectacular but of all the restaurants I have been to around the world, this hands down has the worst service. After being seated our order was taken promptly and wine served. Fifty (50) minutes later, an appetizer for one of us arrived but not the other. we waited patiently but after 15 minutes with no one stoping by to see how things were we finally got someone's attention. Yet the other appetizer still did not arrive so about 75 minutes into our dinner we asked that the now cold appetizer be removed and that both be served together whenever that would be. Eventually both appetizers were delivered. Entrees eventually followed but our wait staff was so unfriendly - she threw the plates on the table, grunted and ran away. Not the kind of service one should be getting in this overpriced restaurant with marginal food. STAY AWAY FROM HERE

• Visited August 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank skiing_the_world
New York
“Comically bad service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

Viceroy Coba made it onto our family's all time worst list by being the only restaurant with service so atrocious we actually walked out of the place before sitting down.

Long story short, we're guests of a viceroy villa, and the hotel concierge encouraged us to confirm a table at coba with an ocean view. She did so on our behalf. Upon arrival though, we were told that we had to sit in the back room due to overcrowding.

Curious thing to say when the restaurant is mostly empty, but note to hotel manager: if you had just apologized and offered to show us to a suitable table, we would've been fine. We were hungry. If you had thrown in drinks, we would've even been in a good mood.

God knows why, but when we noted we had confirmed a front room table, the manager instead decided to launch into a diatribe, busting out his reservation spreadsheets and asking us to 'fit ourselves in if we could' on such a busy night, saying that as restaurant manager, he is in charge and doesn't 'report' to the concierge, and finally saying it would be a shame if he had to ask one member of our party, who was rolling her eyes at the whole thing, to leave the restaurant. Umm..?

Anyway, we chose to excuse ourselves at that point and went to the sunset grill next door to have sushi. From the looks of many of the below reviews, maybe we dodged a bullet. The cherry on top was the manager tracking us down a few minutes later, and telling us to come back, as he had already spoken to the hotel gm and 'the best you'll get' is a bottle of champagne. No thanks.

Worst service in the world, but at least it's a funny story. We've been repeating the crazy things the manager said all week as a family joke. No follow up from the hotel gm on the incident, which is disappointing.

Re: food at viceroy in general, future guests should spend their money at blanchards or save their money at picante, both five minutes away and excellent. Unfortunately the food throughout the resort doesn't live up to the setting.

Visited August 2014
7 Thank John S
New York City, New York
“Viceroy YES, Coba NOOOO!!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014

My friends and I decided to try Coba on our second to last night at the Viceroy. One would assume you would receive exceptional service and great tasting food, as it is the Viceroy. Coba managed to attain the great tasting food but management and service must've been thrown by the wayside. Our poor service began with not being tended to for drink orders until about 15 minutes after being seated. As we waited for our entrees, we had the opportunity of witnessing a poorly managed wait staff. The other tables' entrees were brought out by the food runners and placed on a food stand, where it stayed for 3-5 minutes before being served to the actual table. During this time waiters looked confused, as to what table the order belonged to, all the while everyone continuing to walk by. Because of this everyone at my table was on the prowl for when our food was brought out, as usual it was placed on the stand by the runner. We quickly asked, "Is that our food?", his response was "I don't know!" accompanied with a shoulder shrug. Lucky for us our waiter came and served us our food shortly after. We all received our orders, which tasted great except my friend didn't receive her broccoli and my cream spinach was sautéed spinach. The waiter went to the back, only to come back and inform her there was no more broccoli. To top this all off, as I waited around in the reception area of Coba after dinner, I was approached by a man whom unbeknownst to me was the manager. He asked me "how was my dinner?", to which I responded it was ok. He asked again, "was it good or so-so?", I replied "So-So". One would think, a manager would ask what could be improved or apologize for my poor dining experience, but we're wrong again folks. He simply introduced himself as the manager and told me to have a good night!

Its extremely clear that the restaurant staff are poorly trained and aren't managed properly, even on a night when the restaurant isn't at full capacity.

I might also add there is a fly/gnat issue, as I had to kill at least 15 flies during dinner.

• Visited August 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Meme_onthego
Panama City, Panama
“Awesome romantic meal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

The restaurant is DE LI CIOUSSS!! the risotto was great and the chocolate dessert was one of the best I've ever had. Live music was playing and we got a table next to the ocean which was very romantic.

• Visited May 2014