This was my second trip to Anguilla (third if you count the day trip) and first time staying on Meads Bay. I met up with one of my college roommates and stayed a week in one of the oceanview rooms. Overall, the room was very clean and nicely appointed.
Only nit about the room--we asked for two beds which they accommodated. However, when they switch out the beds you get a downgrade in linens. Basically we had no bed spreads or head boards like you would if you had a king. We had two twins with a sheet and a thermal blanket. It was fine, just not anywhere as nice as the king size bedding.
Mead's bay is beautiful. There are a lot of hotels, unlike Shoal Bay, but very few people, also unlike Shoal Bay. The Viceroy on one end is ridiculously big. Did not hear any construction noise.
The breakfast that is included was a bit pathetic, but it was fine for a bite to tide you over to lunch. We at dinner here the first night--long story. My advice, don't. It was pretty pathetic. Subpar food.
The pool at the end of the day was awesome--great for watching the sunset and enjoying cocktails with other guests. We met some really great people and hung out there almost every afternoon from 4-6:30. (Hi to our friends from NY and NC!)
The biggest disappoint came when Frangi. decided to throw a BBQ party for guests and locals the last day of the boat races. We were basically chased from the property. The music was blaring club music. So load you couldn't read a book or talk to the person next to you on the beach, the walls of your room shook, drunk locals jumping into the pool clothed. Basically, the staff wanted a party for their friends. Paying guests were the least of their worries. They did comp us 50% of a night after we complained, but it was really tacky on their part. They thought nothing of their existing guests.
Overall, good experience. I'd stay again, but I'd probably go back to Ku or try one of the other properties.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the white sands of Meads Bay, the Frangipani Beach Resort is a boutique hotel offering the luxuries of a first-class resort in an intimate, Caribbean environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz and West Indies so you can book your Frangipani Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Frangipani Beach Hotel Anguilla
- Frangipani Beach Anguilla
- Frangipani Beach Resort Anguilla/West End Village