Frangipani Beach Resort
Four Seasons Resort and Residences Anguilla(West End Village)(Great Value!)
$550
Mangrove Villas at Indio Reef(West End Village)(Great Value!)
$185
TripAdvisor
Royal Palms Holiday Suites(South Hill)(Great Value!)
$135
The Reef by CuisinArt(Anguilla)(Great Value!)
$525
Zemi Beach House, Hotel & Spa(Shoal Bay Village)(Great Value!)
$495
Belmond Cap Juluca(West End Village)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe straw hat restaurantinfinity poolthe managerswater sportsmeads bayrum punchwater skiingbreakfast credithobie catwasher dryerthe penthouseour honeymoonfull kitchencan't wait to go backon site restaurantfavorite islandother islands
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Just got back from a beautiful trip to Anguilla. Used to stay at Shoal Bay back in the 80's and 90's and have to say Meads Bay is now my preferred spot. The staff at Frangipani were welcoming and devoted to us having a perfect home away from home. Perfect spot, great people, good guests...mgrs party was great and thank you to all for making our trip so relaxing.
Can't wait to come back!

Room Tip: rooms vary but were updated and clean. Love the extra touch of turning down the bed at nite and replacing clean towels. Would recommend they put foot baths outside the room doors to help keep sand out of the room and if you plan to use ipod, need to bring your own speakers.
1  Thank cheriefon
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We loved our 7 night stay at the Frangipani. This is a 19 room resort in Meads Bay with a lovely restaurant (The Straw Hat), great staff, beautiful accomodations and a super chill vibe. My husband and I had been "warned" during our stay on St Martin prior to checking in at the Frangipani that Anguilla was "dead" and there was not a lot to do. We did not find that to be accurate. Within an hour of arriving at the Frang my husband and I extended our stay by 3 days - we had planned to go back to St Martin for the last 3 days but as soon as we met the wonderful people at the Frang, saw the beautiful beach and had lunch at the Straw hat and we knew we had come home. For 4 days we lived in the Frangipani vortex - COMPLETE relaxation. Staff: the beach guys are great, Rashon, Collina nd Bernard, the housekeeping staff is always around and does a great job, the front desk people are great Keneishia and the girl with the great braids love you guys! and Ezzie was very helpful with my plats. The linens are so nice - the bath towels are big and fluffy, the bed linens luxurious. We forced ourselves to get off the property a little bit each day after that so we could say we saw and did SOMETHING. This is a very much do what you want no pressure but lots of help and assistance if you want it. Anguilla is a small island full of really nice people. It is very safe - h and i went running a couple of miles in either direction from the hotel the residents just waved and cheered us on. We left a credit card at Dolce Vita (an italian restaurant) and headed down the beach to Elvis's. The waitress drove down the beach flagged us down to return the credit card. I mean SERIOUSLY how awesome is that?? When we told our cab driver about that he said of course she did, thats what anyone here would do. Within walking distance from the Frang are several restaurants - including Blanchards which has a daytime beach shack (order at the window picnic tables) which was ok, small portions so order lots if you are hungry and Blanchards the restaurant which was my favorite meal of our two week vacation. It is caribbean gourmet and a bit more expensive than say the Straw Hat which was REALLY REALLY good food and had a STUPENDOUS wait staff. We also ate at the Viceroy (Coba I think) which was fun - that is a very fancy property - big and modern and lots of grey tile we were happy to hang there one evening and the food was good, not local at all, just good fancy hotel food. Dolce Vita at Sandy Shores was great food and within walking distance to a couple of fun bars (Pumphouse and Elvis's) . We had a such a wonderful time, have been home for 2 days and are STILL so relaxed. Thank you Jan and Alex (Frang managers) we loved meeting you guys,. Anyone who can should stay at the Frang. The best.

Room Tip: Room 7A is the king Jr suite we loved this room, perfect for us - has a front load washer and dryer so save on packing. H had one comment and that is you can not turn the tv station from the bed. Balcony overlooking the ocean. When we extended we move to 3C - a garden basic room. Pretty small, shower in ALL the rooms are awesome (great pressure, multiple head really great). I like a little more space BUT if that is the only way you can stay at the Frang it is still a great room. I asked for a tour so saw the one bedroom units - they are pretty off the hook. Beautiful, spacious, roll out to the beach For us, for the money the king suite was perfection.
11  Thank KAK1965
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Honestly, it was all we could ask for, and more. Everyone we crossed paths with was kind and friendly (more on faves later), the facility is gorgeous and well-maintained, Mead's Bay is to die for, and having the Straw Hat Restaurant on site is a bonus. Some history-I spent a summer here in Anguilla in high school doing some volunteer work, and finally was able to come back 27 years later. There weren't many resorts then so I picked our destination by one of my favorite beaches, Mead's Bay. We could not have done better. I love the smaller size of the Frangipani. The staff got to know our names quickly, and it was nice to smile at the same folks on the beach daily. The water staff, Bernard in particular, treated us like old friends, and my husband (and I once) got out on one of the Hobie Cats several times. Our room was perfect. Even not facing the water, we could still hear the waves crashing with our patio doors closed! Why pay for the view (and lack of privacy) when it's 20 feet away? The Straw Hat is a bonus-fabulous staff, personal service for breakfast, lunch and dinner, including lunch and beverages served at your beach chair. Mead's Bay is perfect. One can walk the length and back for almost an hour, absorbing the sights and other establishments while never donning shoes. There's even a world class restaurant, Blanchard's, a 15 minute walk down the beach.
I cannot recommend the Frangipani Beach Resort more, except to hope that it can be our little secret. A jewel.

Room Tip: As I said above, we could hear the waves crashing in our non-water front room. More than enough for me.
4  Thank Megan B
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Thank you to Alex and Jan, the excellent management team at the Frangipani for a lovely second visit to your peaceful, welcoming resort. One of the lovely aspects of our return trip was that many of the guests that we met in 2011 came back for more of a good thing, and greeted us like family as we arrived.

Jennifer and her team did an extraordinary job of taking care of our rooms. Rashey also took care of our family in his unique and friendly way, on the water, teaching my husband and daughter to sail.

Loved the new stylish boutique and the new outdoor furniture, especially the daybeds, which were wonderful to relax on all day!

Wherever our daughters, Olivia and Claudia, end up living as they grow up, they will always remember the close, intimate family vacations we shared together in Anguilla. I know we will return for more of that special time together.

Thank you again.

Room Tip: 3A,B & C makes a great villa/hotel experience perfect for a family with teenagers who like their own rooms. Stepping right out onto the infinity pool and beach, offering quick and convenient access to the room for snacks, lunch, or whatever you might forget.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank debbycowley
Reviewed August 15, 2012

My husband and I just returned from our honeymoon at the Frangipani and like many other reviewers have commented, we are already planning our next trip! This hotel deserves six stars. From its location on beautiful Meads Bay to the highly personal service, everything went above and beyond our expectations. We stayed in a queen junior suite that opened right up onto the pool/patio area. The room was well-appointed with a soft, comfortable bed, and had a spacious bathroom, plush linens, and modern kitchen with stainless steel appliances. The staff also makes up your room twice a day—such a luxury!

We especially loved the small, intimate feel of the Frangipani--with only 19 rooms, you almost feel as though you're staying at a private villa. Jan and Alex, the managers, are incredibly kind and fun to talk to, and we really enjoyed attending their manager's cocktail party and going on a sunset cocktail cruise with them and the hotel owners! We took full advantage of the Straw Hat Restaurant being right on the property and had breakfast there every day as well as dinner a couple of nights, and each meal was outstanding. We also LOVED that water sports are complimentary, unlike at many larger resorts where you're charged extra for use of sports equipment. Bernard and Rashawn, the beach attendants, were so fun to chat with, doing everything from teaching us how to use Hobie Cats to giving us the scoop on where the island’s best snorkeling is.

I really could go on and on about this hotel—my husband and I had the time of our lives! Book your trip at the Frangipani—you won’t regret it!

Room Tip: It's worth the extra to book an ocean view room--Meads Bay has one of the most beautiful beaches in the world!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple