We just returned from Frangipani Resort after a 1 week "once in a lifetime" family vacation. I had done quite a bit of research on the Hotel and Anguilla before booking this trip back in February for our family of 5. My expectation based on a lot of the stellar reviews were quite high. All I can say is that resort and island exceeded our lofty expectations.
I'd been concern that there may not be enough to do for our 3 kids (ages 21,19 & 17), but even without any other people their age at the resort, the entire family had a great time.
Beach - Steps from our room (1 A - the best!) - Best beach on the island (and that says alot!)
Rooms - large, great views, nicely decorated and staff kept very clean.
Pool - Steps from room - great view of the beach/water. Never crowded.
Straw Hat - We all loved the breakfast! Dinner was also good (went 2 X).
Water Sports - Bernard and the Boys were great. Took advantage of water sking, tubing, snorkeling and Hobie Cats!
Trip to Sandy Island and Little Bay on Relentless with Alex made for a great day/experience.
Lunchs at Beach Shack were excellent and reasonable.
Nice dinners at Smokey's and Tasty's
Boat races were a lot of fun and it was nice to be there during carnival week. Local Ribs and Chicken were great (and great value).
Alex and Jan were great hosts - even arranged to take family pictures on our last day.
All the staff and guests were very nice. Felt like leaving family and friends by end of our week.
We visit the larger resorts on the island (Cap J.,Quisinart, Vicroy) and while all were very impressive the whole family was really glad I'd picked the Frangipani for our stay.
I would highly recommend this hotel and island for anyone looking for a special "getaway". Anguilla is definitely for people who enjoy the "beach life" and are looking to relax & recharge.
The Frangipani is simply a world class, well run fabulous botique resort. We hope to return one day. We miss it already!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the white sands of Meads Bay, the Frangipani Beach Resort is a boutique hotel offering the luxuries of a first-class resort in an intimate, Caribbean environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Frangipani Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Frangipani Beach Hotel Anguilla
- Frangipani Beach Anguilla
- Frangipani Beach Resort Anguilla/West End Village