The Great House is a single story, bunglalow style motel that is directly on the beach; you leave your room and walk straight to the sand and the gorgeous water of Rendezvous Beach, which in my opinion is the best beach on the island (of many beautiful beaches). You don't have to get in an elevator or walk down several flights of stairs or go through the lobby. If you forget something, you just walk the 50 or so steps back to your room. Easy and casual. The Great House rooms are fine; not the Ritz, but absolutely fine. Room 124 is the second closest room to the water and it has a king bed and a kitchenette (which we didn't use). It is large with an extra single bed in it which we didn't use either. The TV is small but the cable channels are numerous but are you really in the Caribbean to watch TV anyway? Our shower was the biggest shower I have ever been in and the water pressure and temperature were both fine. Occasionally there was an ant or two on the bathroom counter, but so what? The AC worked great, as did everything else in our room. The Great House restaurant is terrific. We ate out a lot during our vacation because we wanted to sample the different menus, but we also ate a lot at the Old Caribe restaurant at Great House and we really could of just eaten there the entire time. The pool is fine too, but I don't think I saw anyone in it as it is just steps from the most fantastic beach ever!
The staff at Great House is incredible. All our requests for extra towels or help getting a taxi or information were answered with smiles and real service.
What the Great House does not have is a fitness facility, a gift shop, a spa or round the clock front desk help. Who cares? If you want a massage, they can get an in-room one arranged for you or you can walk up the beach to the nearby resort. If you want exercise, walk or run the beach. It is gorgeous. There are 24-hour phone numbers to call in case you need something clearly posted in the rooms and frankly I would feel completely comfortable going to the next door room and asking for help.
The Great House is full of people who have been coming here for 10 or 20 years and who wouldn't stay anywhere else. That is it's best recommendation. People come back year after year. They are a large family and you will instantly feel a part of that. The owner, Will, is on-site and available daily. His Dad started the property and they take pride in their accomplishment.
Rendezvous Bay is the best beach on the island, bar none. It is 2 miles of wide soft sand on a bay looking south toward St. Maarten. There are hardly any waves and no seaweed and no rocks, and very few people during the week. So it is quiet and restful and splendid. On weekends, the number of people increase but it is still not crowded. It is the travel poster of Caribbean beaches!! Trust me.
We flew into St. Maarten and took the GB Express shuttle over to Anguilla. It went off without a hitch and I would recommend them. They take care of your luggage and immigration.
We also used Glennis Connor as our driver for the week. He is on-time, helpful, and professional and he will run you a tab for your trip and make you a good deal. I would highly recommend him to get you around the island if you aren't renting a car.
The Great House is the best value on an expensive island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Anguilla Great House on Rendezvous Bay!The perfect beach...a soft brush of sunrise across white powder sands, turquoise water with a calm surf that sways in and out with the tides. A few palm trees mark the green edge of where the island’s interior meets the long, open and peaceful cove.The Anguilla Great House, with its easy atmosphere and gingerbread-laced cottages, is centered right in the middle of this perfect beach. Wake up.Roll out of bed and into the sea. Laze the afternoon away on the porch,move slow, stretch out the day.At sundown, stars pierce the black sky and from the beautiful shore ofAnguilla, the lights on the mountains of nearby St.Martin sparkle like a galaxy of stars and the moon shines bright on the white sands and sea foam…This is our home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Anguilla Great House Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anguilla Great House Beach Hotel West End
- Anguilla Great Hotel Beach
- Anguilla Great Resort Beach
- Anguilla Great House Beach Resort West End Village