Just returned home to California from the Carimar last night, loved it. Reading some recent reviews, I feel like reviewer Cobi00 (March 16th) described it perfectly so will just add a few comments. We stayed in Villa 3, room 304, 2nd floor and loved it. The back of the unit faced the road, but it never bothered us a bit, you could occasionally hear a car/truck go by, but that was so far and few between (not much traffic in Anguilla). We liked it because although it wasn't beach front, it faced directly towards the beach rather than a side view, although really you can't go wrong with any unit on the property in my opinion. Hubby and I agreed it was the best beach we've been to from the many beaches we've been to (Caribbean, Hawaii, Mexico, Philippines, Vietnam, Bermuda! Aruba), the water is amazing. It really had all the amenities of home and then some. It's rare to find a resort that provides free coffee packets for the duration of the stay, and I thought that was great. The other thing I really appreciated was the large patio with a table and chairs for outside eating and also two very nice and comfy chaise loungers on the patio for just relaxing or reading, being in such beautiful surroundings, it's nice to have furnishings that are both functional and comfortable, which isn't always the case in beach resorts. The only two cons I can think of are (1) the tiny bugs in the kitchen (I think flour mites), we went grocery shopping and the next day woke to find them in our open box of box of cereal, crackers, etc. and had to toss - I did report them and they sprayed with Raid, but if you're familiar with them you know that won't do the trick, they remained the entire time - we started keeping everything we could in the refrigerator and someone I met while at the beach said they keep their food in the microwave, wish we had thought of it sooner as that worked perfectly (2) the other con was that after cleaning our room, housekeeping staff didn't lock it, we returned to an unlocked room at least 5 of the 10 days we were there, there is a safe in the room and we always kept our valuables locked, never bring many anyway. We felt quite safe and rarely ventured out much besides the beach right in front. Truthfully we should have reported it, as had something happened we would have been very upset. Aside for those two cons, it would not keep us from returning, we loved our stay, the resort and best of all the beach and the wonderful memories we made on the island of Anguilla!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Carimar Beach Club, located on the pristine white sands and turquoise waters of Meads Bay, is an exceptional beachfront resort. Each of our 24 suites offers unique, exquisitely appointed interiors featuring colorful, tropical motifs and exotic rattan furnishings. The spacious 1100 square foot beach front and beach view suites feature all the comforts of home including: full, modern kitchens with granite counters; a living room with flat screen cable Tv and WiFi; a dining area accomodating six people; and a balcony or patio with stunning ocean views and spectacular sunsets. Enjoy plush bedding with luxurious linens in our Caribbean style air-conditioned bedrooms. All suites offer one or two bedrooms and one or two bathrooms. En-Suite King Bedroom. Twin Bedroom with two beds ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, West Indies, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Carimar Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carimar Beach Club Hotel Anguilla
- Carimar Beach Hotel
- Carimar Beach The Valley
- Carimar Beach Club Anguilla/West End Village