This was our third time to Anguilla, our second at Carimar. Yes, we love it here. It's the kind of place that people return to year after year. In fact some people we met last June were here again this June.
It's a very quiet, beautiful and relaxing place. Most units have peeks of the sea, and there are eight that are beachfront (the ones we prefer). The units are impeccably clean, with fresh beach towels left for you each day. The bedrooms are air conditioned, and the living room/dining room area has a great cross breeze. This year seemed less warm than last and we were never hot in our unit.
The people who work for Carimar are genuine and friendly. They will arrange rental cars and activities, book dinners, stock your unit with food, they have snorkel equipment available, anything you want or need.
One night we took our sons (21 and 18) to the luxury alternative, Viceroy, for drinks. Although they were very impressed with the 3 pooled marbly South Beachy-ness of it, they said they prefer the laid back ambiance of Carimar.
To me, Carimar is the essence of Anguilla. You really get to know the people who work here, and unlike the mega resorts, most guests at Carimar rent cars and explore all the island has to offer instead of just remaining on a chair at their resort.
Downsides...hmm... seriously can't come up with any. There is no pool, but the ocean is amazing and we did not miss one. No beach service, but Blanchard's Beach Shack next door solves that problem. It is not a luxury hotel, but really well maintained condos steps from arguably the best beach in Anguilla. And the service is on par or better than the luxury hotels! Save yourself a little money by booking at Carimar and use the extra for eating at the many fantastic (and fantastically expensive) Anguilla restaurants.
Although most guests this time of year seem to be middle aged couples, (with a few honeymooners sprinkled in) I also think this would be a great place for families, especially the downstairs walk out units.
Pictures are from our June 2011 trip as we had some photography issues this trip. Nothing has changed except the steep beach slope into the ocean has lessened.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Carimar Beach Club, located on the pristine white sands and turquoise waters of Meads Bay, is an exceptional beachfront resort. Each of our 24 suites offers unique, exquisitely appointed interiors featuring colorful, tropical motifs and exotic rattan furnishings. The spacious 1100 square foot beach front and beach view suites feature all the comforts of home including: full, modern kitchens with granite counters; a living room with flat screen cable Tv and WiFi; a dining area accomodating six people; and a balcony or patio with stunning ocean views and spectacular sunsets. Enjoy plush bedding with luxurious linens in our Caribbean style air-conditioned bedrooms. All suites offer one or two bedrooms and one or two bathrooms. En-Suite King Bedroom. Twin Bedroom with two beds ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, West Indies, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Carimar Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carimar Beach Club Hotel Anguilla
- Carimar Beach Hotel
- Carimar Beach The Valley
- Carimar Beach Club Anguilla/West End Village