My wife and I spent six nights at Carimar in early December and we can't say enough good things about this great property and their staff.
We`stayed in a second floor two bedroom unit that was very spacious, well appointed and spotless clean. Carimar's units are decorated in a low-key elegant style that conveys a sense of tranquiity. At the same time, there is a lot of natural light that comes through the windows and that enhances the energizing effect of the walls' color and the sense of cleanliness throughout the unit.
The bed was very comfortable and the a/c worked very well. The kitchen was very well equipped with everything we needed and it had brand new cabinets, appliances and granite counter tops. Also, Carimar provided deliciuos complimentary coffee and free wifi (which I avoided using as much as possible). However, our favorite part of the unit was the large balcony with a beautiful view of the grounds and the ocean where we sat every morning to enjoy coffee and read our books. We miss mornings at Carimar....
Grounds and Facilities:
The grounds at Carimar are lush, full of flowers and very well kept. It is important to note that Carimar is not a mega resort (and it is not meant to be) so it should not be expected to have pools, spas, restaurants, conference rooms, etc...However, it has two tennis courts in excellent shape, a small club house and laundy room. All for the complimentary use of the guests.
We agree with other reviewers that Carimar's location can't be beat. It is located on gorgeous Meads Bay, in the quieter end of the island (west end), but also close to a number of excellent restaurants and close to Sandy Ground and not too far from the Valley. Everything a person may need can be found nearby: ATM, small grocery stores, liquor stores, bakeries, gas station, etc.
Ohhh...pristine, relaxing, ultra-clean, electric blue, soft, powdery, warm, sunny, crystal clear, picture perfect...I could use a thousand different adjectives and I would not even come close to describe the beauty of Carimar's beach on Meads Bay. It is simply perfect.
Carimar's slogan is: "If you like the beach, you'll love Carimar". Believe me, it is true.
We found everybody at Carimar to be genuinely warm, accomodating, efficient and professional. From the moment we arrived, we were received with a smile and check in was a breeze. By the time we turned around, our luggage (which was very heavy thanks to my dear wife) had been already taken up to our unit and our rental car was ready to go. When we arrived to our condo, we found a complimentary bottle of rum and some coke that the staff had placed for our enjoyment. Then, one of the nice ladies at the front desk gave us a tour of the unit and patiently explained how everything worked.
We are not very demanding guests, so we did not bombard the hotel staff with constant requests. However, every request that we made was handled in a kind and professional manner.
We want to thank and congratulate the General Manager, Mr. Alfred Thompson for the excellent level of service delivered to us during our stay.
In our opinion, Carimar is the quintessential expression of the gorgeous island of Anguilla: welcoming, relaxing, soothing, genuine and unpretentiously beautiful.
We look forward to going back soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Carimar Beach Club, located on the pristine white sands and turquoise waters of Meads Bay, is an exceptional beachfront resort. Each of our 24 suites offers unique, exquisitely appointed interiors featuring colorful, tropical motifs and exotic rattan furnishings. The spacious 1100 square foot beach front and beach view suites feature all the comforts of home including: full, modern kitchens with granite counters; a living room with flat screen cable Tv and WiFi; a dining area accomodating six people; and a balcony or patio with stunning ocean views and spectacular sunsets. Enjoy plush bedding with luxurious linens in our Caribbean style air-conditioned bedrooms. All suites offer one or two bedrooms and one or two bathrooms. En-Suite King Bedroom. Twin Bedroom with two beds ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, West Indies, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Carimar Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carimar Beach Club Hotel Anguilla
- Carimar Beach Hotel
- Carimar Beach The Valley
- Carimar Beach Club Anguilla/West End Village