Covecastles Villa Resort
Four Seasons Resort and Residences Anguilla(West End Village)(Great Value!)
$550
Hotels.com
Frangipani Beach Resort(West End Village)(Great Value!)
$969
Mangrove Villas at Indio Reef(West End Village)(Great Value!)
$185
TripAdvisor
Royal Palms Holiday Suites(South Hill)(Great Value!)
$135
The Reef by CuisinArt(Anguilla)(Great Value!)
$525
Zemi Beach House, Hotel & Spa(Shoal Bay Village)(Great Value!)
$495
Hotels.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 12, 2010

Have traveled throughout the Caribbean for 40 yrs and stayed at most of the "deluxe" resorts. Half Moon on Montego Bay, Blue Water in Antigua, The Countess in St Thomas (the Best!) etc. I am grateful I can afford to do this. I work hard and travel 3-4 weeks a year. On Dec 22nd I was able to break from work and there was availability at CC. I was a given handsome discount at the Christmas/ New Years date, but required to pay in full 5 days at $1500 per day for the two bedroom villa. Very nice location and nice, though dated architecture. There was the complimentary free bottle of wine and fruit plate. I don't drink. No pool for the two villas and no restaurant during the Christmas holidays.
The Bed was a ROCK and most uncomfortable. I could not sleep. There is no central AC. In the wall older AC units bang and clang when their thermostat turns each on or off. I tried sleeping on the rattan sofa the next night and it was just as Bad! I asked if there was other accommodations or a difference bed and was COMPLETELY IGNORED. I left and fortunately found a fabulous Brand new resort (with infinity pool , wonderful restaurant, quiet central AC on the ocean) right down the road at half the cost. I requested 3 nights back from CC and was again IGNORED. I have filed a complaint with the California Attorney General's office. I know the picture are Fabulous. Convinced me to prepay. Big Mistake. I was in the Army and I am easy to please, but too many things here not up to snuff here. First time I have ever written a review, but beware here.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
16  Thank Brinton3rd
Reviewed April 5, 2009

I have been wanting to try this restaurant for a long time, and it did not disappoint, EVERYTHING was perfect.
Cove Castles is reminiscent of the old Altamer, same type of tables and chairs, but a smaller, intimate setting with only 12 tables. The room is stunning, high ceilings and sliding glass doors (which were open) looking out on to Shoal Bay West. No expense has been spared in the décor, tabletops and tableware, very unique tableware, all different, heavy sterling silver for utensils, yet the place maintained a casual, comfy atmosphere, due to the Chef Jermaine and our server/hostess Patricia who, along with the food were the stars of the evening.
I phoned that day for a reservation and was told they would greet us at the gate, when we got to the gate, Patricia was there in a golf cart and told us she would meet us soon, we drove on, had no clue where we were going and finally encountered a smiling young man who directed us where to park. This was the Chef - Jermaine, what a sweet guy. We were the only ones there and that was fine with us. Low soft jazz was playing. Jermaine sent out an amuse bouche’ - asparagus/tomato/pepper on a homemade parmesan cracker - one bite that exploded with flavor in our mouths. I had the pumpkin orange soup, thick and creamy with a hint of orange and DH had the Roquefort salad with a raspberry dressing, both fabulous. They have one of those menus where I just wanted to pick everything - too many good things to decide.
I ended up having Jermaine’s mushroom crayfish risotto, truly one of the best things I have ever tasted, creamy risotto, with big pieces of crayfish and mushrooms, wow. Their prices are not high - 30-40 dollars, in line with everywhere else. The food, setting, and service are all worth it. GO!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank EIIen
Reviewed June 21, 2008

We checked in late in the day and went to dinner at the hotel. When we went to bed that evening we discovered that the air conditioning was not working in one of the UPSTAIRS bedrooms. We were told they could not fix it until the next day. So, we had to suffer through one of our two nights stay there. They did fix it the next day - it was a major repair that we feel they should have caught BEFORE we checked in. Especially at a high end hotel. They did not offer us anything to make up for the inconvenience. We had to push with the manager to let them know that we expected to have our first night stay adjusted. When we checked out they gave us a $60 credit on a $900/night bill. Not sufficient in our minds. The property location is beautiful and we enjoyed out time there other than the miserable first night's sleep. Would not go back, or recommend the property to anyone, based on the service we received from management.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with friends
4  Thank ChatCat05
Reviewed May 8, 2008

We stayed in one of the Beach Villas for 5 wonderful days. The villa was well equipped and clean. The staff were so friendly, making sure that we were comfortable and happy without being intrusive. We arrived to a chilled bottle of champagne and some yummy food - which was just the start of our eating & drinking frenzy. The hotel is set on the most beautiful piece of property, you can literally lounge for hours on the beach and not see a soul! What a relaxing atmosphere! The island looks quite deserted and there is not a whole lot to do - so if your vacation goal is to do nothing but lounge around on beautiful beaches with at least a half dozen 5 star restaurants, than Anguilla is your place. No doubt this island is expensive, but worth every penny. Try Straw Hat or Blanchards for dinner, they were both excellent and what happy wait staff! My husband is convinced that Anguilla is just what heaven is like............

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank donnakat
Reviewed May 2, 2008

So glad we made it back to CoveCastles. Shoal Bay West is a great location. Close to so much and very scenic on its own. My wife and I stayed in a Beachhouse (1 bedroom format). Not much has changed in all these years, which is good. Having a full kitchen allowed us to pick up wine and champagne from 2 stores and other provisions from Foods 95. Always an option we prefer when we travel. Though there were more guests, which took away from the prior "private beach" feel. And with more people comes the percentage you'll get someone who makes you nuts staying close by. And also wondering how come we saw families with kids everywhere we went (wish we would have gotten pulled out of grade school back in the 60s). Rather than eat in the restaurant for our 2 package meals, we opted for room service to patio - we lit with oil candles and had our own wine. Breakfast delivered each a.m. Wine or champagne on the beach at night (now it was private) checking out the stars. Everything we requested was executed by the staff - though they did have some issues with leaving us voice mail as iff they did not get written instructions earlier in the day, then when we returned message everything was fine as if there should not have been a VM in first place. Do yourself a favor and request housekeeping at a time you know you'll be out and about. If you want to swim SBW, head to the middle of the beach in front of the villas.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple