This is a great resort if you want a beach location. Cap Juluca takes up all of Maunday's Bay. The beach is excellent with powder white sand and clear blue water. Even though every beach in Anguilla is public it was evident that only those staying at Cap Juluca were on the beach. Every room is right on the beach with a wondeful view. You have probably read that the rooms are not up to par for such an expensive resort. Well, the rooms are not the best. Trust me, you do not go to Cap Juluca for the rooms. The location, the beach and service are what you are paying for. The waves of the caribean will lull you to sleep and there is an awesome sunrise view from the moment you open your eyes in the morning. If you are concerned over the dated room you are paying attention to the wrong things at this fabulous resort. Relax! All of the rooms will be renovated shortly. I hope they do not replace all the shutter doors with glass doors as the rooms will lose the sound of the waves and the breeze coming in from the ocean.
Having breakfast served on your terrace overlooking the ocean is superb! The service at Cap Juluca is typified by Albert and Lester. Albert was our Villa Manager and made sure everything about our room was in order, which it was. Lester provided spirited service for our dinner on the beach. No one could be more proud of his island the resort he worked for than Lester.
The restaraunts at Cap Juluca are pricey but so are most of the others on the island. Smokey's on the cove is a great place for lunch. If you like to walk, Smokey's is just on the other end of Cove Bay beach adjacent to Cap Juluca. Koal Keal, coincidently having the same owners as Smokey's on the Cove, was our favorite place for dinner. If you are into wine, Koal Key has a great selection. Ask if you can go down to the cellar. Veya is a great spot to get a quick sandwhich or salad for lunch. Would have liked to try it for dinner. Had a great meal at Barrel Stay with very friendly service. Blanchard's was OK. Straw Hat was very disappointing, mostly because of the poor setting. If you want to hang with the locals go to Johnno's in Sandy Ground for Jazz on Sunday afternoons along with some pretty good whole red snapper. If you want a flavor of Sandy Ground beach life go Sammy's Barbeque Beach bar a few buildings over for some good ribs and a Heineken for a very reasonable price.
We saw a few other resorts on the island. Quisinart semed like a nice hotel but the beach does not compare. Not even close. Other resorts are a lot less expensive but you will get what you pay for. Anguilla is a great island. If you want a premium resort on the beach and do not mind paying for it, Cap Juluca is the place. If you are looking for something else, those options are also available on the island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Insulated from the outside world, yet only minutes by air or motor launch from St. Maarten, Belmond Cap Juluca resort is a private self-contained enclave along two miles of the best pristine white-sand beaches in the Caribbean. Spacious Moorish villas, five-star restaurants, exotic landscaped tropical gardens, and friendly and abundant service professionals provide an unparalleled level of luxury. Belmond Cap Juluca features a comprehensive array of entertainment amenities, including a fully equipped fitness center, private golf carts and bicycles, aqua golf driving range, bunker and putting green, croquet lawn, Junior Olympic-size swimming pool, a library, tennis courts with a full-time resident pro, and water sports, including snorkeling, wind surfing, water skiing, and sailing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Belmond Cap Juluca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cap Juluca Hotel West End
- Cap Juluca Hotel Anguilla
- Cap Juluca Anguilla
- Cap Juluca Resort Anguilla
- Belmond Cap Juluca Anguilla/West End Village