Just returned from 5 nights at Cap Juluca. Just to give you perspective - at the risk of sounding privileged we have been fortunate enough to visit the Caribbean many times - most often at 5 star resorts. Cap Juluca's casual atmosphere in a small boutique hotel has them all hands down. Pack your bathing suit and shorts and some T shirts - that's all you need. Your villa (4/5 rooms to each villa - and 20 villas in total - but 4 are vacant) is steps away from the best beach we have ever visited. Beating Hawaii, Bahamas, Mexico, Greece and several other Caribbean islands.
Numbered 1 to 20 - we were in Villa 8 Room 4 (84) center of the beach. Large king bed, sitting area, shuttered doors onto the terrace with lounge chairs over looking the beach. I recommend 2nd floor rooms over ground floor rooms so you maximize your view. I also recommend Room 4 over Room 5 as 4 has an outdoor sitting area outside shower - a nice spot to dry off in private after the shower - but not a deal breaker. Comfortable beds, Frette sheets, nice toiletries and robes. Complimentary mini bar (mostly soft drinks and beer). A private safe and no keys to lock your door. Yes you can lock from the inside - but when you are out the room is open - and its great. Who wants to steal your underware anyway? It was great not worrying about forgetting the key and we kept any valuables in the safe. There were no issues. Twice daily housekeeping and they did a thorough job. The balcony and the view is breathtaking. Couldn't be better.
Until this vaca we would have said we are pool people and never really had an appreciation for the sand. Maybe its because the sand is so find and always cool - but its also the fact that your view from the comfortable lounge chair and umbrella is unobstructed by other guests. You feel as if you are at a very exclusive private resort. The resort was hosting a wedding - and they were either at or close to capacity. Its not that it was empty - its just large and spread out. Great beach service as well.
Breakfast served at Blue - an adequate buffet style. Very nice. Lunch on the beach was from Blue. Limited menu and after you have eaten there a couple of days - you may think its a bit small and wish for other options - there aren't any..... Dinner at the hotel - OK. We ate at Pimms one night - good not great and the Blue BBQ that they do on Wednesdays - also good not great. The rest of our nights we ate at Blanchards (restaurant and beach shack) and Jacala. All three far better than Cap Juluca's options. Taxis are super expensive ($80 rt) - so rent a car and it will pay for its self and you can skip the Cap J restaurant options for dinner. Note that the Cap J options were NOT bad - they were good - but the other off site options were great and amazing.
Try to stay 5 nights if possible - it was the perfect opportunity to unwind. More would have been better and we could have done a day trip into St Barts or St Maarten. Even without going off the island - if we had a car - we could have toured the island a bit. There is a small spot with some bars (Elvis, The Pump Room and Ripples) that we found ourselves at - we were sort of beat by that time - but they had potential and definitely heated up - so I would find out the best times to get there and fit that in as well. The locals were super nice and accommodating.
The hotel is ideal for couples. We went with 2 other couples and had a great time. Don't bring your kids. We have kids and love to vacation with them - but this is a grown up trip. One couple did and although their kid was cute - he was super annoying singing at breakfast. The hotel does not have a spa - but they offer spa services on the beak and in treatment rooms. we skipped that.
The staff at Cap Julaca was outstanding and they took real pride in their work. One staff member noted that it was his pleasure to create exceptional experiences for his guests - and he meant it. I could mention the staffers by name - but feel that I would be doing a disservice to those whose name I don't know or didn't come into contact with. Suffice it to say - the staff was amazing.
This was an exceptional vacation and I recommend it highly. There are also some deals to be found so look for then. We will definitely return to Cap Juluca.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Insulated from the outside world, yet only minutes by air or motor launch from St. Maarten, Cap Juluca resort is a private self-contained enclave along two miles of the best pristine white-sand beaches in the Caribbean. Spacious Moorish villas, five-star restaurants, exotic landscaped tropical gardens, and friendly and abundant service professionals provide an unparalleled level of luxury. Cap Juluca features a comprehensive array of entertainment amenities, including a fully equipped fitness center, private golf carts andbicycles, aqua golf driving range, bunker and putting green, croquet lawn, Junior Olympic-size swimming pool, a library, tennis courts with a full-time resident pro, and water sports, including snorkeling, wind surfing, water skiing, and sailing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Expedia, West Indies, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Cap Juluca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cap Juluca Hotel West End
- Cap Juluca Hotel Anguilla
- Cap Juluca Anguilla/West End Village
- Cap Juluca Resort Anguilla