The outstanding beach at Cap Juluca is clearly up to the billing. The sand is superfine, the water is deep blue and clean, and the temperatures for us were perfect with just a slight breeze. The beach services were very good; the comfortable lounge chairs are ready with a towel and pillow, bottled water in a cooler, drinks and food at any time, and you can set your watch at 3 PM when the complimentary sorbets were served. It bothered me some that when moving the heavy chaises to stay in the shade of the umbrella, the staff would not come to assist unless they were specifically asked.
Almost all of the staff were very friendly and accommodating. Juliette Reid at the front bell stand was tops amongst them. Imagine being be greeted with a hug when arriving in a van! The office staff was nice.. The concierge service was great in every way, particularly when we had to change our flight at the last moment because of a family emergency.
For an otherwise near perfect facility, the food at Pimm's, a lovely restaurant with a great view of the ocean, was just above average at a hefty price at that. Lunches were average; the decor needs refurbishing.
The villas are beautiful from the outside. The views incredible! The rooms are very nice-island style-
but not outstanding. The bathrooms are on the small side, hard for my wife and I to be in there at the same time.
The food on Anguilla was terrific in general. Lots of excellent restaurants-all the ones we dined at were costly, even by New York City prices. We thought Veya was the prettiest and had the best food. It was expensive but worth the cost. Tasty's, wasn't pretty but had roadside island charm. Dale, the owner chef, took our order, cooked the food, personally checked twice to ensure it was to our liking, and bid us good bye. The food was excellent and of comparative good value. In most regards, the food, but not the presentations, was as good as Veya.
A word to the wise! The taxi fares run $20-30 each way to outside restaurants.
So, would we go back to CJ? A probable yes, but, unless Pimm's improves dramatically, we would not eat there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Insulated from the outside world, yet only minutes by air or motor launch from St. Maarten, Belmond Cap Juluca resort is a private self-contained enclave along two miles of the best pristine white-sand beaches in the Caribbean. Spacious Moorish villas, five-star restaurants, exotic landscaped tropical gardens, and friendly and abundant service professionals provide an unparalleled level of luxury. Belmond Cap Juluca features a comprehensive array of entertainment amenities, including a fully equipped fitness center, private golf carts and bicycles, aqua golf driving range, bunker and putting green, croquet lawn, Junior Olympic-size swimming pool, a library, tennis courts with a full-time resident pro, and water sports, including snorkeling, wind surfing, water skiing, and sailing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Belmond Cap Juluca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cap Juluca Hotel West End
- Cap Juluca Hotel Anguilla
- Cap Juluca Anguilla
- Cap Juluca Resort Anguilla
- Belmond Cap Juluca Anguilla/West End Village