“Amazing!”
Review of Belmond Cap Juluca

Belmond Cap Juluca
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in West End Village
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Cap Juluca has the best beach on the island and one of the best beaches I have ever been to in my life. The rooms were incredible. Steps from the beach with amazing views of the ocean. I loved the Moroccan stye of the resort.

Again, the beach is incredible! The beach chairs with fresh towels were the perfect add on. We rented a Jeep for 5 days and drove around and visited the other resorts on the island and felt like we easily made the best decision with Cap Juluca. If you are looking for an amazing beach, limited number of people, friendly staff, amazing breakfast, super comfortable bed with an amazing room than Cap Juluca is your place. We will be going back. I'm 34, no kids, and live in Los Angeles. Feel like that's important when you read a review.

The only downside for me was that beach menu was very limited along with the quality of alcohol on the beach. We drove most times to grab lunch at Blanchards or the Viceroy and bought our own alcohol from the store. Not high browing it here but I didn't fly 9 hours across the country to drink captain morgan and bacardi. Just a few minor things but overall it was a huge success.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Shane H

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Cap Juluca is about as beautiful as it gets. The room we were in was AMAZING! The hotel staff was great to deal with. They were very friendly and made sure that we were well taken care of. The beach there was on of the nicest beaches I have ever set foot on. We will absolutely return to this gem.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I had the Greatest time at Cap Juluca in Anguilla. Everyone here have a smile on their faces. Great Service at the restaurant and room service all day. The view is phenomenal!!! The water is blue and all the rooms are waterfront. I can't wait to visit them again. The beach is very clean and the hotel provides very comfortable lounge chairs and umbrellas.
You can have breakfast on your terrace just staring at the blue Caribbean Sea.

Room Tip: There are I thinks 19 buildings with 4 rooms on each. Get the rooms 1 or 2 (these have direct access...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Manny M
Reviewed June 7, 2013

This was our first trip to Anguilla and we really loved it. What made the trip so special was staying at Cap Juluca. The resort is really beautiful, the beach is the best on the island in our opinion and the staff is just wonderful. We couldn't have asked for a better vacation stay. It was exactly what we were looking for at a beach resort-peaceful and elegant with a staff who were always very attentive and friendly. Since it was our first visit to the island we did check out some of the other known resorts and beaches. Hands down Cap Juluca would still be our first choice. The Viceroy was a beautiful resort, but, way to big. Not the kind of place we like to stay at. We prefer smaller more intimate resorts. Also, Cap Juluca's beach is so much nicer. We did have lunch there at the Bamboo Grill which was very good. Cuisinart grounds were beautiful, but, seemed more of a "family friendly" place with many more kids around which we try to avoid whenever possible. The beach there was very nice (Rendevous Bay), but, I still feel Cap Juluca's beach has it beat. In fact, we met some people on Sicilly Cay who told us in their opinion Rendevous Bay was the best beach on the island. That was until they came to visit Cap Juluca one day and changed their minds. If you want a peaceful, serene vacation in a beautiful setting with wonderful service than Cap Juluca is the place to stay. We look forward to staying there again in the future.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Ron C
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Cap Juluca is heaven on earth. Located on one of the most beautiful beaches in the Western Hemisphere, the Resort offers exquisite accommodations and exceptional service in the picturesque setting. The service is amazing. While the Resort offers two great restaurants, I choose to make use of room service for most meals, and enjoyed them on the patio with an incredible view while taking in the warm Caribbean ocean breeze. The bathrooms are recently renovated, and offer a large soaking tub and huge glass enclosed shower. The bathroom itself is larger than some rooms in urban US areas. The bed is very comfortable and makes use of high quality linens, and the A/C is cold and effective. By far the greatest value is the beachside location of the villas and suites, which are literally steps away from the incredibly beautiful beach. This is a 5-star, high luxury property and experience, and one which I would highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank scnc96
Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I researched every possible option for honeymoon and finally decided on Cap Juluca. We are so glad we did! It was a dream come true. The romance, relaxation and natural beauty provided the perfect start to our married life. We stayed 10 days and can't wait to return.
The staff was exceptionally welcoming from the moment we stepped off the plane. The resort magnificently accomplishes the difficult task of seeming small & private while having the size & amenities of a much larger resort.
We rented a jeep we fondly named the Juluca jalopy. It was perfect for checking out the island. I highly recommend renting a car and doing some exploring while Cap Juluca has everything you could want the island has so much color & life to offer you won't want to miss it.
Do stay at Cap Juluca! Any rumors you may have heard about financial problems or detor orating conditions are in no way visible at Cap Juluca. It is paradise.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Sammyfate
Reviewed June 3, 2013

This was my eighth trip to Anguilla, but my first stay at Cap Juluca, and I'm so glad I was able to do this! It is amazingly beautiful. I had a second floor luxury oceanfront room in Villa 6. As everyone knows already, the bathrooms are beautiful, full tub, a glass shower that opens onto a private outdoor solarium. I never used the solarium but it sure was pretty! The bedroom was nicely furnished, nothing tired looking about it! Bedding was extremely nice and comfortable. There is a spacious balcony with 2 nice lounge chairs, and a table with two comfortable chairs.

Their staff is just wonderful. I had room service continental breakfast each morning, and it always arrived within 10-15 minutes after I called (or you can put out a card at night specifying a time). Each of the attendants were unfailingly courteous and cheerful, and set up my patio table with a full tablecloth and vase of flowers before setting out my breakfast.

On the beach, my attendants were sweet Eulalie and Lenny. They cannot do enough for you, and are both delightful to talk with. The beach chairs are more like beds, and the cold towels, afternoon sorbets, and drinks and lunch brought to your chair are such a nice treat.

I only went up to the main building a couple of times, and the staff there was great as well. Everyone is so pleasant, and efficient! No "Caribbean Time" here. The Monday night manager's cocktail party was very nice, with Sprocka playing. I went to Spice one night to hear Boss, but unfortunately he had changed plans and was not there. They did have a very nice duo in his place. Love the setting there!

Two couples that I met who were staying at Viceroy truly regretted booking there instead of Cap Juluca. It is a totally different atmosphere.

I can't say enought good things about Cap Juluca. Anyone who can should spend their vacation here!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
CeBlue Beach Resort
CeBlue Beach Resort
#2 of 3 in The Valley
Four Seasons Resort and Residences Anguilla
Four Seasons Resort and Residenc...
#3 of 13 in West End Village
Malliouhana, An Auberge Resort
Malliouhana, An Auberge Resort
#1 of 13 in West End Village
Zemi Beach House, Resort & Spa
Zemi Beach House, Resort & Spa
#1 of 3 in Shoal Bay Village

Been to Belmond Cap Juluca? Share your experiences!