Ok i know i've taken a while to write my review but after seeing the most recent reviews i decided it was about time to pull my finger out, and give this hotel the five star review it deserves.
Me and my husband travelled here in April into May 2011 for our honeymoon. Travelling is our passion. It is the one thing we really splurge on and the reason why we both work so hard (so we can have such nice holidays) we have been fortunate to have travelled to all parts of the caribbean, usa, indian ocean, middle east etc but this hotel still comes up top for both of us for...
1. Best beach we've ever seen (just like brochure pics) quiet, clear blue sea, comfy loungers (where you don't have to get up at the crack of dawn to reserve!) clean, safe, impeccible staff that whizz straight over with water and sorbets etc...
2. Best food we have ever had! Freshly prepared, great presentation, mouth watering taste... Pimms was our personal favourite restaurant, we loved the intimacy, and watching the barracuda every night catch the fish was our entertainment....!
3. Lovely staff. They all make an effort to really get to know you, and they do care, they're not in it for a tip, they do it because it's their job!! They make an effort to remember your name and what you like to drink etc...
Ok....i have had better room quality. NOT to say we were unhappy in the slightest...our room was HUGE, had a lovely outlook, a private garden with hammock, beautifully sized bathroom, massive double wardrobe...l could go on..., it was spotless......felt like a home from home! Yes it could be modernised, but if you really spend all that money to go to such a beautiful location and your worried about a cracked floor tile then i'm sorry but your missing the bigger picture!
If you want a small, boutique style hotel with impeccible service, the best beach in Anguilla (and indeed the best we have ever seen) amazing food and views equal (if not better) to what you see in the brochure book cap juluca. You'll feel part of the family and will be treated as individuals.
If you want a synthetic, huge hotel where you'll feel like a number, not an individual. Book the Viceroy down the road. After all you may well get that sterile, ultra modern hotel your after with a smile if you're lucky.....! (before anyone asks, yes we did go there out of curiosity, and that was our first impression) not forgetting you won't get a cracked floor tile ;-)
We're not just saying it as we were honeymooners (this was the second leg of a twin centre hol and we don't say this about the first leg which was in Antigua) but it really was the best hol we've ever had, and to have such vivid good memories nearly two years later speaks for itself.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Insulated from the outside world, yet only minutes by air or motor launch from St. Maarten, Belmond Cap Juluca resort is a private self-contained enclave along two miles of the best pristine white-sand beaches in the Caribbean. Spacious Moorish villas, five-star restaurants, exotic landscaped tropical gardens, and friendly and abundant service professionals provide an unparalleled level of luxury. Belmond Cap Juluca features a comprehensive array of entertainment amenities, including a fully equipped fitness center, private golf carts and bicycles, aqua golf driving range, bunker and putting green, croquet lawn, Junior Olympic-size swimming pool, a library, tennis courts with a full-time resident pro, and water sports, including snorkeling, wind surfing, water skiing, and sailing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Belmond Cap Juluca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cap Juluca Hotel West End
- Cap Juluca Hotel Anguilla
- Cap Juluca Anguilla
- Cap Juluca Resort Anguilla
- Belmond Cap Juluca Anguilla/West End Village