“6 STAR RESORT THAY WILL ONLY EXCEED YOUR EXPECTATIONS!!”

Four Seasons Resort and Residences Anguilla
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in West End Village
Long Island ny
“6 STAR RESORT THAY WILL ONLY EXCEED YOUR EXPECTATIONS!!”
Reviewed November 1, 2010

Having traveled to many locals throughout the caribbean and all on the high end we really looked foward to the Viceroy and I can tell you that we were not dissapointed. This is a beautiful property and the staff was even better. From the moment you turn on to the palm tree lined entrance you know you are in for a treat. We were greeted with smiles and impeccable service from the guys at the front entrance to the ladies at the front desk.
Check in went as smooth as possible and although you do hear it alot yes we were upgraded to a beautiful beachfront villa that was nothing short of spectacular.

The staff, especially Jamel and "D" did everything that they could and even went above and beyond. Always with a smile. Always prompt, They even got our rental car filled with gas when we told them that the gas station was closed

The housekeeping service was exceptional. the room was always cleaned,beds made and any request was always addressed.

Although you always hear about being on local time I really dont get that. The staff is there for you all the time but sometimes guests forget that there are other guests also.

There is no trouble getting to either beach. it is a short walk either way but I would recommend meads bay. it is spectacular and Barnes bay has may boulders under water which is annoyiny

The only issue is with Coba. It is too dark at night to eat by the candlelight. I am sure that almost any resort of this caliber would only dream of the only issue being this small.
I read that the food is expensive on the island. It sure is but it is an island. It doesnt have to be. Yes there are many expensive restaurants but there are many great local places to eat that are pretty cheap.Go experience them. The people are great and it is a great island

Cant wait to go back!!!!

1 Thank davekLongIslandny
BrentHall, Director of Sales at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Anguilla, responded to this review, November 8, 2010
We are thrilled that we exceeded your expectations and are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for posting your review to Trip Advisor.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (351)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed November 1, 2010

My wife and I just returned from a 6 night stay at the Viceroy. The hotel is absolutely beautiful, one of the prettiest places I have ever stayed. Very chic and chill, but in a very relaxed island way; sort of South Beach without the attitude. Service & Dining was a bit disappointing; while the staff were all very friendly, a simple matter like getting the mini-bar restocked required 2 phone calls and ultimately a trip to the front desk. Concierge was very helpful about setting up airport transfers from SXM...but then sent us to a restaurant (Tastys) on a night it was closed. We ordered room service twice, on both occasions our order was slightly inaccurate, food was decent. We ate at Coba, the signature restaurant. Our server had very little knowledge of the menu. It was the most expensive and worst meal I ate in Anguilla; the food was okay, no better than that, and expensive, $175US with no alcohol. On one day our room wasn't cleaned until 4pm, although we called at 1 & 3, and each time were assured it would be taken care of 'right away'. We spoke to some local expats about the snafus, they laughed and said it was all 'island time'. We had a fantastic time will definitely return - however, if you are expecting services and dining commensurate with the prices (like we were), you will be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
While we are thrilled that you enjoyed the amenities and setting of our resort we are disappointed that our service and food quality did not meet your expectations and we apologize for this. I would like to discuss your services issues with you personally and can be reached via e-mail at brent.hall@viceroyanguilla.com or via telephone at 305-722-7403. Thank you, Brent Hall, Director of Sales.
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 28, 2010

My husband and I went to the Viceroy to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary. We had heard from many of our uber traveling friends that the Viceroy was the best hotel in the Caribbean... based on our experience, we agree completely! The hotel amenities and rooms are sophisticated and well appointed. The service was perfect. Remy, Frankie, and Molly made us feel absolutely at home. There was not one want that went unattended. The spa was fantastic. The pools were simply pristine and the beach was quiet and peaceful. I cannot say enough about the Viceroy. One comment - this is not a hotel for penny pinching, everything is pricey, but very well worth it. We will absolutely return. Last comment... don't be surprised if you spot a celebrity... ;)

P.S. Gotcha boat tours - Gabriel, fantastic... we went to various keys around Anguilla and had a fabulous guide (all facilitated by the Viceroy staff).

Coral Gables, Florida
Reviewed October 27, 2010

This hotel is unbelievably well decorated. We had an ocean front suite and the room was gorgeous. The pools were very pretty as well. The service was very slow but we did arrive right after the hurricane. We would definitely go again.

New York City, New York
Reviewed October 26, 2010

Went down to the Viceroy for a wedding. Upon arrival, we were upgraded from a studio to a 1 br which was amazing. 2 bathrooms, views of the ocean, a huge deck with a plunge pool (which I guess i just another name for a private hot tub)....the room was great, the resort itself was remarkably attentive, the beaches were beautiful. Minus a few things happening on the super slow "Caribbean Time", I don't have a bad thing to say. (and for the record, I tried to embrace the slower pace of everything and blamed it on me being on NYC time.....)

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 23, 2010

Went to this hotel and my first impression was that from Meads Bay it looks like an ugly cruise ship anchored against the rocks. It has ruined the landscape of Barnes Bay and Meads Bay.

Way overpriced rooms, food etc... sure it is luxury but how much chicken does one need for $2000.00 a night?

Service was ackward and slow, seems like the staff do not understand the expectations of American star ratings.

I can tell you of many better spots on this great island to go without the big price tag.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank theace1958
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed October 20, 2010

My husband and I chose the Viceroy for our 10th wedding anniversary. We basically stumbled upon it online and after consulting Trip Advisor and discovering a buy one night/get one free offer, we were in! The ambiance and decor is simply breathtaking. No expense has been spared...the place is dripping in travertine and is beautifully designed with a modern but classy Miami-type flair. You get the best of both worlds...cliffs and perfectly beautiful tucked away beaches. There are photo opps around every corner. A few days before we were to arrive, we decided to explore the idea of renewing our vows. Rosina (the wedding planner) couldn't have been more accommodating. She was prompt with every email exchange, and she provided options (with links) to various pastors/faith denominations and photographers. (It was nice to have a selection of vendors/clergy to choose from.) When we met her in person, she had a gleaming smile and seemed to be genuinely excited for our celebration. We are so glad that we renewed our vows because it couldn't have been a more beautiful/intimate setting. We were also thrilled with Derrys Richardson (the photographer Rosina recommended). I asked him for a 30-minute session, and even having been paid in advance, he proceeded to stay for over two hours and took us all over the premises to capture photographers in various locations. He totally exceeded our expectations. My husband and I had a couples massage which was very nice. The electric/heated massage tables and linens were to die for! So were the heated towels at the end. Rashim (who was great) at the beach took us on a little mini catamaran cruise. It was awesome to see the hotel/grounds from the ocean...I didn't realize how enormous the Viceroy is until out at sea to see! We just got a standard room with a plunge pool, and it was more than ample. The ceilings are probably 13 ft, and it just feels very spacious and luxurious everywhere. Our bathroom was enormous. The bed was uber comfy. The view was killer. There was nothing more we needed. It was always quiet...the only sound we could ever hear from our room was the waves crashing on the shore. The only significant area of improvement needed is with food/drink service. At the Sunset Lounge there were always 3-4 servers huddled in the corner chatting away, and I sometimes felt like the didn't even see us. I ordered sushi by the pool with a glass of wine. The wine was forgotten, and I finished my plate before it came. The Aleta pool service was equally slow, and I wasn't impressed with the dining service there either. We met a large group of friends during our stay, and I'd say the average wait time on a drink (even a beer) was 15 minutes. Everyone at the hotel that we ran into was joking about how slow the drink service was. We finally went to the grocery store and bought vodka, wine and beer so we could replenish ourselves (in our rooms), as it was much quicker to make a run to the room than wait for a drink. Overall, I'd definitely recommend this hotel, and I hope that I will be lucky enough to make it back someday. You cannot beat the beauty, and even though the service can be slow, everyone is very friendly.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West End Village
#2 of 13 in West End Village
Belmond Cap Juluca
Belmond Cap Juluca
#5 of 13 in West End Village

Been to Four Seasons Resort and Residences Anguilla? Share your experiences!