Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
$840
Booking.com$840
eDreams$840
Priceline$840
1,858 results
All reviews sunset lounge half shell plunge pool barnes bay sushi aleta pool bamboo grill meads bay one bedroom suite rock climbing our honeymoon fitness center straw hat beautiful property overlooking the ocean watch the sunset tennis courts
Selected filters
Reviewed September 2, 2016 via mobile

I booked the Viceroy Anguilla through my travel agent. We were assured we would have the location we wanted- overlooking the ocean. I booked the trip in early January 2014 for May 2014. Of course they said they couldn't guarantee the exact location but all indications were reassuring. When we arrived, they said they upgraded us to a larger property - 2 full bedrooms and 2 full bathrooms; kitchen, dining room, living room, etc. There was just two of us so we didn't need that. And then they showed us the room which overlooked the pool. Plus they transport linens, food, etc morning, noon and night via the pool paths. I complained; my travel agent complained. And no satisfaction. While it is gorgeous, for the price, they really should guarantee you the room location/area within reason. This was for my husband's 60th birthday.

Everything else was wonderful. I loved the resort and the island. I am convinced that had the room location bee more ideal, this would rank as one of the best resorts.

I am hoping that the new ownership is more customer oriented.

I would not go back because of the room location. And the management offered nothing extra for this.

My travel agent had been there and was surprised at their lack of consideration. She wrote emails to them for a month. And believe me, we are not a high maintenance couple.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank pcr1127
Reviewed August 24, 2016

My wife and I stayed here for our third wedding anniversary and just got back. In terms of service, attentiveness of staff from check in, to breakfast, to pool, and bars, every second of our stay was stellar. I read a lot of reviews about this hotel and Anguilla in general and still was torn between here and Cap Jaluca. A lot of reviews I read said that the latter was more for relaxing and the former, more a Miami vibe. Being from Miami, we have to totally differ. Our stay was so relaxing and most of the time we felt like one of a few folks in the hotel (now that may have been true as Viceroy was transitioning to Four Seasons during our exact stay), however, I can't imagine it feeling crowded here.

Big shouts and love to Marah, manager extraordinaire for taking such great care to provide us with stellar service.
DelVera, concierge to what felt celebrities. She treated us to such kindness and patient service.There was no request to big or small for her from us and I'm just overjoyed to have met her. I think she really loves her job or people or something, because she just exudes love every time you see her face.
Venae was the first person we met and she helped with our bags. Besides looking exactly like my cousin, she was our first experience onto the property. Her personality was such a delight with the biggest smile ever!

We had many favorite places around the resort, but certainly since love love to eat, breakfast was THE place for us. Alex at reception, thank you for greeting us with a smile and walking us all the way to the sign for Meads Bay so that we could do our early morning run on the beach. Then, when we return from that dreadful run, you greeted us with another smile and welcomed us back to breakfast. He was consistently warm and inviting every day.
Lisa!!! Oh my, she was so special to us. Lisa was the omelet lady who made me the same exact omelet each day. She chatted it up with me, smiled with bright eyes when she saw me, and really made me feel like she cared about my silly conversations. I imagine it must be difficult to talk happily to every single guest and still have enough energy to be bright and kind to me. For that I am grateful.
Astriz, Kareen, Kelvina, and Valencia were our servers and let me tell you, so awesome. I'm not being over the top when I mention how much it felt like these folks gave a care about us. As a Lesbian couple we were worried that we might not receive stellar service from individuals, despite the overall organizations open and inclusiveness. So, the care that these women showed us each day meant more than this review can show.

Our favorite evening was spent in Coba. Now Coba might not have the same name with the hotel's changing over, but I hope you will be able to experience the most amazing sunset over dinner as we did. Our reservation was at 6p (set perfectly by DelVera) and the sun sets about 630-645p ish.
Maiko was our server and he greeted us at the absolutely best table in the house. It sat center of the sunset, with the sounds of ocean gurgling beneath our table, crashing against the rocks, while this large beaked bird sat on a pole almost dining with us or watching sun set. Maiko our server had this bubbly personality that was contagious. He was sure to offer us all of the chef specials while making sure we got what we wanted. He was so kind. He offered to take our photos so that we could capture the sunset, chatted with us while we waited for our food, which was not long, and then made sure we did not lift a finger. Its like he was always watching because when my drink was low, he'd be there to refill it. Now, the food was out of this world. I had the mahi mahi and my wife the snapper, both were incredible. And large portions too.

Lastly, Victor, Monique (adult pool), and Leischo at the Sunset lounge (both are connected) took great care of us. We spent many evenings watching the sun set from the adult pool either in the water or on a lounge and Monique and Victor made sure that we did not have to want for anything. Even going as far one night to move our lounge chairs to face the sunset.
Moniques gentleness and smile were just so refreshing and Victor was so upbeat, they both just made it easier to come back night after night.
Leischo served us the one of two nights we decided to sit on our balcony int he plunge pool and wear actual clothes at Sunset Lounges bar. My wife, coming off of chemo, was a little tired and Leischo, after my wife insisted she did not want any water, said, "heres some anyway, nobody eats and doesnt drink anything".

Overall, this was by far the best vacation we have ever had all because of the resort. We did venture off resort one day and found it not to be a pleasant experience. A lot of restaurants are on the island, but many are not open each day, so be careful of selecting the best day to get out. We did not find the locals off resort to be very friendly to us and after spending an entire day driving around, not being served, or not finding any shrimp (everyone sells chicken and ribs, but we can get that in the states, we wanted some local fresh seafood), we regretted not staying on the beach that day and getting the service we came for. It was not a bad experience, it was just a learning lesson for us, that unless we are touring a museum or getting some local historic information (which we love) we should just stay on the resort and enjoy the amenities we paid for. We were looking for some local, cool history and though the country is rich with it, we could not find anyone that day who wanted to share it with us.

Book here now. If you're going back and forth, my little bit (and that's if you need anymore convincing) is we visited Cap Jaluca on our day out (we rented a car for 55 bucks by the way for an entire day, we definitely recommend that).The resort was a bit tired. We walked along the beach, which is gorgeous and noticed the very first villa had words written all on the window (in dust or dirt traced with a finger it appears). That building appeared to be falling a bit and I assume by the looks of it, its a building that they no longer use. That was confirmation for me that we chose the right resort for our three year anniversary.

Looking forward to returning and getting a taste of Anguilla's Four Seasons experience as I know that, that will not disappoint. We love the Viceroy brand and will enjoy you somewhere else around the globe. You will forever be in our hearts. Until then, our hearts are full of love for you all Anguilla family.

Room tip: An ocean view room is THE only way to go. Waking up to that view each day is etched in my memory and I'm trying to hold on to it.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
8  Thank TravelingPairofFour
Reviewed August 23, 2016 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay at the Viceroy. I loved my room and I loved the spa! It was literally my favorite part of the trip! The beach was amazing. It was the best beach I had ever been too. I didn't exactly love the fish in the water but I just made sure not to go too far in. The food was pricey but I was aware of this as I head read many reviews before my trip. I had a great time and would return again in a heartbeat!

1  Thank Johnson281982
Reviewed August 17, 2016

We returned last weekend from a very nice stay at the Viceroy. First, the physical property at the Viceroy is beautiful. Sleek, modern design with clean lines where the beautiful oceanfront location is the real star. The decor is beautiful inside and out and I found myself constantly saying "I'd love to have this in our house". I'd happily have moved into our guest room for stay beyond our 7 night visit.

Food and cocktails were delicious. Service in the restaurants was good, particularly Aleta for breakfast and Coba for dinner, but I often found myself searching for someone to order food and drink from while at the pool and beach. A couple of days we set up our own chairs and towels at the pool because no one was around. Not the end of the world, of course, but not 5* either. Usually I'm tripping over pool staff at a Four Seasons or Ritz Carlton because there are so many, but that wasn't the case here. On the plus side, I probably saved some money because it was hard to order cocktails poolside (and at $18 per drink, that's quite a savings). The one exception was Victor at the adult pool - he was pleasant, available, and came around to take another order with good frequency. The gentlemen on the beach were very accommodating in setting up chairs every day, but again, didn't come around very often for food/drink orders.

Since Viceroy will be closing this month, I thought I'd share a few items for the Four Seasons to be aware of:

1) At least twice during our stay, we had to call for housekeeping as our room had not been serviced at 430pm. On one occasion, I made 4 separate phone calls without the Housekeeping line being answered. Ultimately, I pressed 0 and one of the guest services staff took a message and assured me she would follow-up with housekeeping. Another day they arrived for turndown service at 515pm. It all seemed very random - how could turndown start at 515 when some days we hadn't even had our first service by 430?
2) Each time a mug or glass was used in our room, it disappeared. Housekeeping would clear the dirty mug/glass, as you'd expect, however they wouldn't replace it with a fresh, clean one. So our number of glasses/mugs dwindled each day of our stay. Many of our group had the same issue; however, some friends received fresh glassware every day. Certainly very inconsistent and frustrating to find that in a 7 day stay, we never had our glassware replaced.
3) Similar to the glassware, one day our robes, which had been hung over the chair in our room, were taken during the servicing of our room, but not replaced. So we didn't have use of the robes for the final days of our stay. Very strange and annoying since the robes were perfect for using after the plunge pool, which could be chilly in the evenings.
4) We were never greeted by name during our stay (except on the phone). Again, not a big deal, but it did stand out as most 5* resorts are very conscious to recognize their guests by name, especially during a 7 night stay.
5) There were no outlets next to the bed. My husband uses a CPAP and needed an outlet near the bed to plug it in. We requested an extension cord when we first arrived in our room via the bellman, who assured us he would have one sent up. When we returned to our room after dinner around 9pm, there was no extension cord and when we called to request one again, we were told that one wasn't available. They instead sent someone from maintenance to move the mirror from the wall in order to access the outlet behind it. Even 3* hotels have outlets near the bed for plugging in phones, etc. so this is something to be aware of.

We had Off bug spray in our room which we utilized and we didn't have any issues with mosquitoes/Zika during our stay. The setting is stunning, the resort is beautiful, the people are kind, and we would consider returning once Four Seasons takes over as I'm sure they'll sort out the service issues and inconsistencies we experienced.

3  Thank ChiLouLon
IHarley, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Anguilla, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2016

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay.

All of your observations will be extremely helpful to our team as we work on all of the details of this conversion to a Four Seasons.

I hope you will return to this beautiful spot. I would love to welcome you back!

Warm regards,
Ilse

Ilse Harley
Four Seasons Resort and Residences Anguilla

Reviewed August 17, 2016 via mobile

Viceroy Anguilla has been a favorite of mine since 2012, and I've returned thrice. This is the only beach resort that I've ever felt that I had to return.

For starters, the island of Anguilla is beautifully serene and just off the beaten path. Dining options and outstanding beaches are abundant.

The Viceroy (soon to be Four Seasons) is one of the most visually stunning resorts you will visit - I can assure you. The thought and eclectic nature of the design is to be commended. It's hard to imagine it ever being bested. The food on the property is good - perhaps not always fantastic but definitely better than average and they culinary team can work with you on special requests.

The staff is some of the friendliest and most genuine. They remember me by name at this point. Highlights include the concierge team (Melisha!) and Sunset pool and lounge teams (Zita, Victor, Soya/Shanhira). Richard was a great general manager, but he has long since gone. Not really certain who the current manager is.

Through Viceroy Anguilla, the Viceroy brand quickly catapulted to one of my most favorite hospitality groups.

This massive property certainly could not be easy to run and, sadly, Viceroy is bowing out at the end of the season on August 22. I would estimate that capacity was around 40% during my recent visit, and I'm sure that's more of sign of the times than any reflection on Viceroy. Between threats of Zika virus, a tumultuous election year, BREXIT, financial services sector downturn and increased terrorism (or at least the perception of increased terrorism), more people are staying local this year and Caribbean tourism seems to have been impacted. Anguilla is particularly sensitive to happenings in the US and UK.

I have mixed feelings about Four Seasons, but I wish them well. I think FS could help with the service level, which can sometimes be slower than you might like (rooms not being cleaned until 4 p.m. etc), and offer a greater variety of food choices, but other than that Four Seasons has always seemed like dated and dowdy brand that faces difficulty connecting with millennials and to a lesser extent Gen X, with uninspired architecture and banal interiors. To be sure, I think of FS as my parents' brand or perhaps my grandparents.

From a design perspective alone, Four Seasons has a muddled story. With the exception of a very few locations like Paris, FS has weak stylistic offer. I hope they stay true to the character of this resort as it stands and don't attempt to alter [i.e. mess up] things just for the sake of changing them with "Four Seasons-inspired touches." I will see how it goes on my next visit because I plan on returning first chance I get.

A few notes:
- do the morning bike tour as much as you can (it's a great workout)
- if you have at least five days, perhaps consider a day trip to St. Barth via Anguilla Air
- for local, local food I liked B&D bbq (just ask a cab driver for local hits)
- you will love your bathroom
- fantastic aesthetic

Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank BlessMyTravel

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed summary.
I arrived in mid July and quickly realized how magical the island is.
The beauty of the resort, coupled with the sincerity of the staff, I believe will be the perfect compliment to the Four Seasons culture.

I understand your concern that Four Seasons appeals to a certain demographic, but I hope to convince you otherwise on your next visit. What we work the hardest at is treating each guest the way in which they like to be treated. Four Seasons Resort and Residences Anguilla has such vast offerings, we are confident it will allow for various service experiences. I love that guests can truly customize their vacation and be as connected or as un-plugged as they choose.

Thank you again for your comments, especially those recognizing the spectacular employees.

Feel free to reach out to me directly if I can offer any assistance prior to your visit. I look forward to meeting you here in paradise.

Ilse