“Fantastic property with perfect beaches and stunning views” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Four Seasons Resort and Residences Anguilla

Four Seasons Resort and Residences Anguilla
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in West End Village
“Fantastic property with perfect beaches and stunning views”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

The Viceroy Anguilla exceeded our expectations... It ranks right up there with The Four Seasons properties... Our favorite part about the property were the views and the beach. You definitely want a beach view! The property was at 97% occupancy but it felt much more quiet than that! Loved Anguilla!!!

• Stayed February 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Richard A, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Anguilla, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review! We're so glad you enjoyed the beaches and felt the privacy of the resort, even when occupancy was high.
We hope to welcome you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (339)
Weston, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

Viceroy arranged a very late boat for us so that we would not have to spend the night on St Maarten as a result of our delayed arrival into SXM. The only benefit of a night arrival is that it provides the opportunity to really see the beautifully illuminated, waterfall graced entrance and the long palm tree flanked driveway.

We were warmly greeted by the gracious night manager and escorted to our lovely room on the fourth floor. The room boasted a spacious terrace with a sea view and two very comfortable lounge armchairs. The large marbled bathroom included all of the modern amenities. A large and extremely comfortable king bed welcomed us after an arduous day of travel.

A sumptuous breakfast is served poolside at Alta, one of the three excellent restaurants. Although Anguilla is renowned for its restaurants, the food at Viceroy is so good that we rarely ventured out to dine. The sushi at the Sunset Lounge is probably the freshest and best we’ve had outside of Tokyo. The luxurious Coba restaurant with its stunning ocean views rivals anything in New York. Dining options within a short walk on the beach include Blanchards, Straw Hat and Mango. The Meads Bay beach on one side of the resort is about half a mile of blindingly white, sugar soft sandand gorgeous turqouise water. Barnes Bay Beach on the other side of the resort is smaller but quieter and more private. There are other equally beautiful beaches on the island, the best of which, Shoal Bay was too commercialized for our taste. The Cap Juluca Resort is well worth a visit for lunch and a stroll on its beautiful beach.

Spectacular architecture, three pools, wonderful restaurants and a gorgeous beach all contribute to making Viceroy one of the premiere resorts in the Caribbean. The key factor however, is the exceptional staff that goes well out of its way to make every guest feel welcome and valued. We were especially impressed with the graciousness and hospitality of Tod Yamoka, the General Manager and Emanuel Jeffers, the pool and beach manager both of whom made our stay especially memorable.

Room Tip: Request a sea view
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank marymont
Richard A, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Anguilla, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Thank you for your glowing resort and detailed descriptions of the beaches, the views and all the resort! We greatly appreciate your words and know that others will benefit from the information you have shared.
I will be sure to share your positive review with the staff including Todd and Emanuel.
We hope you'll be back to visit again soon.
Many thanks again for your visit and your comments.
lancaster
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

What a gem! Just returned from a 4 day stay and loved it. Stunning views, great food, friendly staff, beautiful room, perfect weather- what more can I ask for! I hope to visit again. Definitely go to dinner at blanchards when visiting Anguilla- best dining on the island hands down!

Room Tip: It's a big resort with 3 pools, every room is close to something.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank jaime71778
Thank you for spending four days with us and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor!
We appreciate your rave review and look forward to welcoming you back to Viceroy Anguilla.
(And you're right...Blanchards is a wonderful restaurant!)
Frankfort, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

This place is amazing. I'll be back soon. Great room and amazing service. The beach on Meads Bay must be about a mile long and there were probably 100-120 people on the entire beach. Magic Johnson was hanging out a few chairs over on the beach and Martha Stewart was spotted at the resort a few times but she was staying on her giant sailboat just offshore from the resort. Restaurants at the resort we're good and there are a few other good places just a short walk down the beach. Blanchard's, Blanchard's Beach Shack, and Straw Hat.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wamzie
We love it when a review begins with a "we'll be back again!" Thank you for your glowing review and patronage.
We certainly appreciate the comments and look forward to welcoming you back.
Highland, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

Upon arrival of our long journey to Anguilla we were warmly greeted by Viceroy staff. We were taken to our room (we requested a specific room number as we had stayed in the same room on a prior trip), just as beautiful as I remembered. When entering our room we noticed a cute note, bottle of champagne and treats to welcome us back and for our Honeymoon stay. We were actually combining our Honeymoon stay with our 1st anniversary as we had a destination wedding in Bermuda. We did not travel alone, coming from a giant Italian family it was only fit that my 2 sisters, one of their boyfriends and a friend of ours piggybacked on our trip.

We had stayed at Viceroy previously and I must say the service has improved. During our first stay the service was always very good, but really, really slow. When visiting Anguilla you will learn to love and really savor the slow paced lifestyle, allowing you to really enjoy your vacation. With that being said, some of the service from our original visit were exceptionally slow. The only real issues that I had with the service this time were... 1- Prior to our trip i laid out our dinner reservations for the week depending on where we would have visited during the day, night plans etc. I spoke with the concierge and she assured me that everything was set. When arriving at Veya for an 8pm reservation for 6 people, the restaurant was closed due to a private event. We were all very much disappointed and quickly had to make a decision as to where to go. We decided to go to Straw Hat. The owner was very kind and quickly seated us. Thankfully he was able to squeeze us in, as the servers were anxious to get out of work to enjoy Carnival celebrations that night. I couldn't blame them, by the time we arrived it was almost 9pm.
2nd- One night during out stay we invited our group back to the Viceroy to have drinks at Sunset as they were staying at a neighboring hotel. I was appalled and embarrassed by the service they received at the bar. One bartender in specific ignored us for a good amount of time, she was rude and not friendly. After ordering our drinks we asked for an ash try and quickly received the response that there were no more. No resolution, no offers, no apologies, just a cold shoulder. My husband and I were so embarrassed! We raved about Viceroy to them, invited them back for a cocktail and then they were treated so foul. The next day my husband did got to the front desk, they were well aware that one of their bartenders was not up to par.

Now for the stellar service comments...One day I had left my beach bag on the beach with my family while our group split up. I wound up getting so caught up at the Sunset Lounge pool that i completely lost track of time (or was really having too much fun to leave). Just as I was about to walk down to the beach to grab my bag I saw one of the beach attendants carrying my gold bag on his arm! I was super excited as you can imagine! I was so very thankful for him taking the extra effort to give excellent service! Also, the housekeeping was impeccable! Our room was always clean and tidy. The beach attendants were great! They always made sure that our chairs were where we liked them located on the beach and frequently checked in to see how we were doing. Service staff at sunset were great, especially the twins! The night guards at the gate were always so friendly and welcoming, unfortunately I think this might be an area that does not get enough recognition.

Food: Bamboo & Sunset have great offerings! The food quality was excellent. We spent almost all of our lunches at either of the two. Breakfast was consistently good, although I do wish for a bit more variety from day to day. After the 11th day we had enough of the same offerings. We dined at Coba for our last dinner, it was mediocre at best. My husband and I ate at Coba almost every single night of our previous stay and loved it! Unfortunately the changes made to the restaurant did effect the food quality and variety. I do wish that Half Shell was open, but understand that it was not necessary for the guest count. Drinks were great, Bamboo bartenders were friendly and efficient.
Restaurants on the Island you MUST dine at- Veya, Davida, Mangos, Island Buffet at Cuisinart, Mayoumba Night at Anacaona (none of the restaurants were a disappointment)

Spa: On the second day my toe polish was chipping, so I called the spa and they fit me in immediately! I was so thrilled to have been accommodated so quickly! My nail tech was friendly and down to earth. I do wish that the polish selection was better and that they offered gel polish. (just being nit picky) I decided to visit the spa on a separate day for a 90 minute massage. I was so excited to just relax and enjoy as I work in a spa and this time it was finally my turn. My experience was terrible. I could tell that the massage therapist was inexperienced, the bed warmer was turned off, I was freezing and when asking for a blanket she only had towels. I felt very uncomfortable and couldn't wait for my massage to be over! I LOVE time enjoying spa treatments, this was a major disappointment.

On our 11th day we were sad to leave, but were pleasantly surprised when GM Richard came to wish us well and check in on how our stay had been. It was great to see his appreciation of our loyalty to Viceroy. Overall we really enjoyed our stay and can not wait to return to Viceroy. The little hiccups happen everywhere, no matter where you go or where you stay. We hope to stay at Viceroy again this year for our annual Anguilla retreat!

Now it's your turn to book with Viceroy, it will be worth it!

Room Tip: I like to be high up, so I always request a high floor. If they can accommodate you, they will.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank MarisaV37
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us and others!
It was my pleasure to meet you and I thank you for your loyalty to Viceroy (and for bringing such a large family/party with you!

We enjoy hearing specific stories of excellent customer service and are so glad that your gold bag was returned to you. We apologize where we might have let you down and appreciate your understanding. This is certainly not our standard and are sorry that it happened during your visit.

Thank you again for staying with us. I personally look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Viceroy Anguilla.
Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

Hands down the nicest resort in the Carribean....the hotel rooms are luxurious with state of the art amenities and decor. The views of the ocean from the rooms or the pools is something out of a movie...I highly recommend this hotel for it's tranquility...if you're looking for jet skis and motor activities Anguilla and the Viceroy are not for you...it's high-budge living....lots of posh tourists mainly from the UK...it will cost you $$$$ to stay in the lap of luxury but an experience worth the while!! ADD THE VICEROY ANGUILLA TO YOUR BUCKET LIST!!! Try and reserve a one bedroom suite they come with a private jacuzzi tub over looking the ocean!!!

Room Tip: Try and reserve a one bedroom suite...they each have a private jacuzzi tub in on the balcony...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank xxhtrxx
Richard A, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Anguilla, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
We are humbled to be considered a "Bucket List" resort and recommended by you as the best resort in the Caribbean! Thank you kindly for your positive review.

We hope to welcome you back soon to enjoy more tranquility.

Thank you again for such a remarkable endorsement.
Princeton, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

While this is a marvelous formal edifice, you might as well be at the Ritz-Carlton in Laguna, Naples or any other non-Island resort. All of the island atmosphere has been scrubbed out. True, the Sunset lounge has a great sunset view. However, there are so many other Great island establishments I felt bad I took one away from other beachfront bars.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank BayHeadTravelinBear
Richard A, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Anguilla, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and your appreciation for the views at the Sunset Lounge.
Our Bamboo Bar and Grill, located on Meads Bay, provides a more traditional island feel and is literally steps away from the beach. Guests also walk this stretch of beach to enjoy other island venues plus views of our outer islands: Sandy Beach and Prickly Pear.
Thank you for staying with us and we hope to welcome you back in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near West End Village
Cap Juluca
Cap Juluca
#5 of 13 in West End Village
CuisinArt Golf Resort & Spa

Been to Four Seasons Resort and Residences Anguilla? Share your experiences!