Viceroy arranged a very late boat for us so that we would not have to spend the night on St Maarten as a result of our delayed arrival into SXM. The only benefit of a night arrival is that it provides the opportunity to really see the beautifully illuminated, waterfall graced entrance and the long palm tree flanked driveway.
We were warmly greeted by the gracious night manager and escorted to our lovely room on the fourth floor. The room boasted a spacious terrace with a sea view and two very comfortable lounge armchairs. The large marbled bathroom included all of the modern amenities. A large and extremely comfortable king bed welcomed us after an arduous day of travel.
A sumptuous breakfast is served poolside at Alta, one of the three excellent restaurants. Although Anguilla is renowned for its restaurants, the food at Viceroy is so good that we rarely ventured out to dine. The sushi at the Sunset Lounge is probably the freshest and best we’ve had outside of Tokyo. The luxurious Coba restaurant with its stunning ocean views rivals anything in New York. Dining options within a short walk on the beach include Blanchards, Straw Hat and Mango. The Meads Bay beach on one side of the resort is about half a mile of blindingly white, sugar soft sandand gorgeous turqouise water. Barnes Bay Beach on the other side of the resort is smaller but quieter and more private. There are other equally beautiful beaches on the island, the best of which, Shoal Bay was too commercialized for our taste. The Cap Juluca Resort is well worth a visit for lunch and a stroll on its beautiful beach.
Spectacular architecture, three pools, wonderful restaurants and a gorgeous beach all contribute to making Viceroy one of the premiere resorts in the Caribbean. The key factor however, is the exceptional staff that goes well out of its way to make every guest feel welcome and valued. We were especially impressed with the graciousness and hospitality of Tod Yamoka, the General Manager and Emanuel Jeffers, the pool and beach manager both of whom made our stay especially memorable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four Seasons Resort and Residences Anguilla invites you to make yourself at home in 166 villas and resort accommodations, more than 80% of which overlook the breaking surf and blue horizons of two of Anguilla's 33 spectacular beaches. Relax in the seaside spa. Sample fresh cuisine with those you love, in a place where every sunset is theatrical. Immerse yourself in Anguilla's unique culture and stunning natural beauty as Four Seasons expertise takes the Caribbean to new levels of seaside luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Four Seasons Resort and Residences Anguilla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viceroy Anguilla Hotel West End
- Four Seasons Resort And Residences Anguilla West End Village