“Our favorite food in Anguilla”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Trattoria Tramonto

Trattoria Tramonto
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Coral Gables, FL
“Our favorite food in Anguilla”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Our third visit to this Italian gem. The lobster ravioli are out of this world. Nice wine list and very friendly efficient service. We were a little concerned because it was pretty empty on a Friday night but I guess this is low season and it is a little remote. We just want this amazing restaurant to stay open for years to come.

1 Thank jvtrav

Miami Beach, Florida
“What an incredible view...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

This place was totally empty when we were there and we had terrible service, but the food quality, presentation and the view from the restaurant made up for the servers who seemed bothered to attend to us.

Southeast
“Poor food and no air.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

Very slow on a Saturday night in June. My wife ordered a glass of chardonnay that tasted like it came from a bottle that had been opened and sitting in a refrigerator for a week. My peppardelle was wholly unimpressive. She described her filetted branzino as "bad banquet food." Finally, even though it was a breezy night, the restaurant had absolutely no air circulation.

1 Thank Fly_FisherSoutheast
Columbia, South Carolina
“Seaside Northern Italian Delight”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stopped by Trattoria Tramonto at lunch to visit a new baech. The pasta was cooked to perfection and the sauce was flavorful but light. The fresh tuna was also very good. They made ice tea just for us that was the best on the Island. Service was great. And, Shoal Bay West-overlooking St. Marten was just beautiful. I would definitely go back for dinner.

1 Thank johnrkesslerjr
“poor risotto but nice ambience- this is not an italian restaurant”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

i was very attracted to this restaurant after hearing about it from a friend and having visited the restaurant situated on Shoal Bay West. I am very critical of Italian food because I am an Italian citizen and have had some of the best italian food in Italy with my family who lives there. with all of that said, I must say that the risotto at this restaurant was poor--tasteless and over cooked. the ristotto came as a side to the branzino fish I ordered which was also tasteless with no sauce, just lemon and nothing more. for $36--i would have hoped for much much more. celebrity photos prominently displayed at the entrance give prospective customers a false sense of awe about this restaurant, which in my opinion is not italian at all. the chef was anguillan and clearly did not know how to cook. sorry. I will say that my husband loved the lobster ravioli with white truffle sauce. the one thing that was nice about this place was the staff and the ambience. we had left the restauant Dolce Vita because the staff there was just plain rude-- but the thing about Dolce Vita is that their chef actually was Italian and made a fabulous risotto al dente for me about a few days before. unfortunately, i could not stomach the rude staff there so we left. in a nutshell i just wanted to be treated kindly and we went to the trattoria instead but in the end I paid for it with bad risotto.

• Visited June 2013