“PICANTE---Anguilla's Best Find”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Jersey Shore
“PICANTE---Anguilla's Best Find”
Reviewed January 2, 2011

My husband and I have been to Anguilla many times over the past 8 years. One thing is always certain---we visit Picante multiple times during our visit...even when we stay on the other side of the island. There are plenty of restaurants on Anguilla, but we find ourselves continuously back at Picante on every trip.

The atmosphere is perfect for the type of restaurant it is. It is fun and not pretentious (How many nights can one spend $200 minimum for a meal for 2 at one of the hotel restaurants)? The staff, which many have been there since it's opening, are friendly as can be which makes the evening even better.

The food is consistently good. The crispy fish tacos are always a favorite. On a recent trip, my husband was treated to a crispy fried calamari burrito (we have never seen this anywhere else)...........and the drinks will definitely make the evening even better.....we love their margarita's!!!

I am quite surprised at the "Rude Owners" posting. While everyone is entitled to their opinion; I would have to say the owners of Picante are anything but rude. We have always felt like we are welcomed into their home and that's the main reason we continue to make Picante a priority and recommend it to others traveling to Anguilla.

Check it out for yourself on your first/next visit to Anguilla. With so many options, you can't go wrong with Picante.

1 Thank KIManMIKE

“Tuna tacos...amazing”
Reviewed January 1, 2011

Omg is all I can say about the crusted tuna tacos. I was in Anguilla for five days and craved the tacos so much that I had to eat at picante three days out of the five. Not to mention the margaritas and lovely staff and owners. Will definitely go back!

1 Thank Woodacre1
Port-au-Prince, Haiti
“PICANTE STILL THE BEST AFTER ALL THESE YEARS!”
Reviewed December 31, 2010

Just got back from Anguilla and once again we were happy to eat and drink three times at Picante. We live in Mexico City- you would think we would not crave Mexican food in Anguilla- but this fun, colorful restaurant keeps calling us back.

1 Thank marieelizabeth415
Waterbury, Connecticut
“Rude Owners”
Reviewed December 21, 2010

My husband and i went to Picante on December 1, 2010, Wednesday. We both ordered Chicken Frahatas, mine was good. My husband found two pieces of hard plastic in his meal. It was the hard like you would find on the ring of a water bottle, but cut into pieces. I called the owners wife to show her, she said it was an onion skin. I took it back from her and showed her that it could not be cut with a knife. She then took it into the kitchen to show her husband. My husband was called to the kitchen and they rudely told him it was an onion skin. They offered no apology still insisted it was an onion skin. These owners think they have a gold mine as the restaurant was full. This is our 6th time to anguilla and we will never go back there or recommend the restaurant. We realize that perhaps something could fall into the food by accident by it was their attitude that disturbed us.

3 Thank Alice33963
Attleboro, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Picante - Authenticly delicious with an island flair at an affordable price”
Reviewed December 3, 2010

There is a reason this is the #6 Trip Advisor restaurant on the island of Anguilla! Despite our other fine dining experiences and options in Anguilla, we will spend another 1 or 2 nights therebefore we leave! Loved the Mango margeritas, chorizo con queso, and a special entree of an asian pork quesadilla - just awesome!

1 Thank bobndee