“Always a pleasure to dine at Picante” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Picante

Picante
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Latin
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Boston, MA
“Always a pleasure to dine at Picante”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

Picante is one of our favorite restaurants in Anguilla. it is a fun place to visit - attractive, colorful interior with a nice vibe. If you haven't been, you'll love it!

We took our two grandchildren with us so their parents could have a date night out at Jacala Restaurant. Our waitress was fantastic - always smiling and very knowledgable about food items and recommendations.

We started off with a Mango Margarita, beer, and complementary chips and salsa (spicy). Drinks are reasonable.

Our waitress suggested that my wife and I split a Steak Burrito with rice, guacamole, tomato, sour cream and refried beans. This was awesome and very filling. Our grandchildren enjoyed chicken/cheese tacos and fell asleep after their meals - so cute!

The place was packed - a good sign when it's off season. Check out their website.

Definitely a "go to place" when visiting Anguilla.

Virginia
“Good food, terrible service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

Were going with a large group and called earlier in the day for a reservation. They were able to accommodate us but not until 8pm. When we got there a little before 8, the place was dead. We were seated at two separate long tables, which was fine. The other table had great service - multiple refills on their drinks and even had the opportunity to order dessert. The server for our table disappeared after taking our food orders. Everyone was pleased with the food and drinks, but we were not so happy that we were not able to even get refills on our water.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Madison, MS
“Yummy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

We enjoyed our dinner at Picante. We had a 7pm reservation on a Friday night and the place was not very busy. By the time we left, it was full and there were a few people without reservations that were waiting tables. We enjoyed the chips and salsa, the salsa had a different consistency, than the salsa we have back home, so I wasn't sure if I would like it, but it was very flavorful. We even ordered a 2nd basket (only the first basket is complimentary). I am not a margarita fan, so I did not try any, but heard from others that they are really good. I did have the planter's punch, which was very good, and a little strong, which I like. We ordered the steak fajitas and steak Picante tacos to share. The Picante taco is their house specialty, it is a hard taco wrapped in a soft taco, with guacamole, sour cream and beans between the two taco shells. It was very good. All of the food was really fresh and had a great flavor. The service was very prompt. This was one of the more laid-back meals we had on the island and also one of the cheaper meals. If we had one more night, we would have gone here again. My only complaint, is that they are not open for lunch!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank CK95
Ringoes, New Jersey
“Great Mexican, year after year...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

This is the 3rd year that we've gone to Picante and we will be back. The food is always very good as is the atmosphere. I had a serrano chili margarita last night that was fantastic... if you like hot, you must try this. I also had the spicy tuna tacos and they were also great. Nice contrast between the hot and spicy tuna and the cole slaw! We also had a steak enchilada which I didn't try, but I heard it was fantastic and the steak very tender. Picante is a "most go to" when you're on the island.

1 Thank teena1014
Sugar Land, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It was ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

This was recommended by many people and the reviews seemed good on trip advisor. We live in Houston, Texas so I may be bias but we have some of the best mexican food. So this place was just okay for me. We had the seafood enchiladas. They were good! The beans and rice were not that great. I had the premium rita and that was good. If you are looking for a change of pace (fish) then this is good to mix it up. I would go back.

Visited May 2013