“Picante Review”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reading, Pennsylvania
“Picante Review”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

This is just an OK Mexican restaurant. My wife and I had dinner there March 2, 2013 and were not over awed. The drinks were weak, especially the Margaritas. The atmosphere is casual and the food is reasonably priced for Anguilla. The service was nothing special. In fact, we felt rushed since we got there later in the evening and had the feeling the server was anxious to get finished for her night out. Worth trying once, but no reason to hurry back.

• Visited March 2013

Cleveland, Ohio
“best mexican i've had”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

who knew you had to go to Anguilla to get great food like this, but sure enough we did. from start to finish the food is amazing. the chips and guacamole were one of the best dishes we had anywhere. fresh and homemade are the key to this place the owners are always present and make you feel very comfortable while eating. the food was always cooked perfectly and arrived in a very reasonable amount of time. I've been to this restaurant at least 8 times and although this is my first review there would all be the same. Can't wait to return!

1 Thank Jason L
boston, ma
“Food and drinks were very good”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Chips and guacamole were some of the best we have had. Margarita's and mojitos were very good as well. Great family place so if you are not with kids I would suggest going after 8 especially during school vacation periods.

1 Thank Johnshem
Westborough, Massachusetts
“Fantastic Mexican”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We had dinner at Piquante on the recommendation of several employees at Cap Juluca. Fabulous dinner and atmosphere. Great Margaritas and sangria - they pour a generous drink. The bartenders were so nice and a lot of fun. We started with two dips: queso/sausage and cheese/artichoke: delicious. I had the chipotle shrimp burrito and my BF had the steak fajitas: both were fantastic! We both thought that the fajitas were the best we ever had. If you love Mexican, I can guarantee you will love Piquante.

1 Thank oclady56
Connecticut
“noisy”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Picante served fresh Mexican food. The buttery corn on the cob with Romano cheese was crazy good. My husband got a grande burrito that he was disappointed in. My tuna tacos were great, medium rare with smokey chile, onion and tomato.The frozen lime pudding with chili salt on the side was a perfect dessert. It was a good meal but the place is very noisy and uncomfortable. Be sure to grab a pillow cushion when you walh in for your chair.

Visited January 2013