“What a wonderful Resort...you will love it.”

Turtle's Nest Beach Resort
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in West End Village
Los Angeles, California
“What a wonderful Resort...you will love it.”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I took a trip to St. Maarten June 19th - 25th 2013. While in St. Maarten, I decided to visit Anguilla. Not knowing anything about Anguilla, I went to the ferry to pay for my ride to the island. I happened to run into Maggie Carotenuto who spent time explaining how to get around in Anguilla.Turtle's Nest Beach Resort is a wonderful resort. The rooms are very nice and private. This is a very romantic location. The beach was spectacular. I highly recommend Turtle's Nest Beach Resort. The staff was very friendly and Maggie was wonderful. Make sure to ask for her when you visit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Richard_Loves_Travel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina
Reviewed July 3, 2013

My husband Kenny and I stayed at the Turtle's Nest two nights! This place was fantastic! The rooms were so decorative and nice. Very romantic and a great location to relax and enjoy the beauty of this island. The staff was amazing alone with the owner John and his girlfriend Maggie!
The Turtle's Nest was more than a place to stay while visiting the island, it was a place were you felt at home. Food places were easy to get to without a taxi, beaches were clean, and the staff was available at all times to make us happy. We loved the stay so much we plan on coming back with our whole family. Kenny and I would like to thank John and Maggie for all you did for us and the great staff at the Turtle's Nest!
Thanks for everything,
Tammy and Kenny

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tammy C
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

We spent seven beautiful days at turtles nest in late May and early June, 2013. This is our second week in the past two years at turtles nest. The staff is warm and very helpful. We had a one bedroom suite, which was large and nicely decorated and very clean. The pool is large and inviting. The beach on Meads Bay is just the one of the best in the world. There are four great restaurants within walking distance Blanchards, Jacala, Straw Hat, and the restaurants at the Viceroy. Anguilla's west end also has other great beaches and restaurants. You will enjoy a relaxing stay in Anguilla and turtles nest!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank johnrkesslerjr
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We had a really lovely stay at Turtle's Nest. Stayed in one of the new building studios which was well appointed and very comfortable for 2. There were fresh flowers and 2 bottles of wine (nice touch). The staff was very friendly and gave us free water when we ran out. I did notice that the furnishings were different in some of the other units, so I'm not sure if they are all the same, but ours was very tastefully decorated and having a washer/dryer and kitchen was nice. The pool looked like it could use some new paint, and the hot water tank was on the small side, but other than those two minor issues, we really love the place and would definitely recommend TN.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Suzy7512
Johsnon City, TN
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Affordable, clean (house keeping does a great job), no frills but on Meads Bay with various places to eat nearby. If all you need is a condo with a full kitchen, this may be for you. Staff is great but keep in mind they close the office at 5:00 pm and not open on weekends. You are on your own but they do provide you a list of phone numbers for emergency help. No fitness room or restaurant (if that is necessary go elsewhere). Pool is very basic, but for me it's about the beaches of Anguilla. My wife on the otherhand, likes to have people provide drinks on the beach and all the extras that you pay for with higher rates at other resorts. I would stay there again as I have no problem mixing my own drinks or buying beer to bring to my chair.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Butler1122
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Turtle's Nest Beach Resort comprises two buildings with condos. "Resort" is perhaps a bit misleading - and if you are looking for a beach bar, on site restaurants and a kids club, this is not the place for you. If you are like me and visit the Caribbean for the shockingly blue water and the compulsion to do nothing more than sit on the beach, maybe dip in the water for a snorkel, and catch up on some reading, then TNBR is the ticket.

Meads Bay is a beautiful stretch of beach, and TNBR has its own supply of beach towels, beach chairs and umbrellas. The water was very rough during my visit, but I understand from a number of locals that such water is atypical. The beach is long enough for a nice stroll, but bounded on one end by the Viceroy and on the other end by the Malliouhana. There are plenty of options on Meads Bay for excellent meals, so unless you are in Anguilla for longer than a few days, I am not sure it is worth renting a car. Reservations were easy to get at most restaurants, and the food we had was better than that I have had on other Caribbean islands (though no less pricey).

We had the top floor one bedroom unit in the unit closet to the beach. There was a complimentary bottle of red and white wine waiting for us as well as fresh flowers throughout the apartment. The views of the sea are stunning. We probably spent more time in the apartment than past vacations because it was so spacious and comfortable. The large furnished terrace overlooking the water also provided the perfect spot for morning coffee or an sundown cocktail. The unit has a large kitchen with coffee maker and toaster, dishes, glassware. The bedroom was comfortable and clean and the bathroom and additional half bath were adequate. A suggestion for improvement would be to slightly upgrade the toiletries - there is no shampoo or conditioner. Given liquid carryon restrictions for airplane travel, I expect that any place I stay will have such items.

There are few criticisms of TNBR. It's relaxed, well-kept and on the water. I found the staff to be very helpful both in making reservations over the phone and upon our arrival and during our stay. There are options more luxurious, but for the money, it would be hard to beat TNBR.

Room Tip: Definitely get a unit that has a beachfront balcony. Ask for the building closest to the water.