“Central Location on Mead Bay”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in West End Village
Turtle's Nest Beach Resort
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in West End Village
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We just spend 10 days at this location and we really enjoyed it. Wonderful location between Viceroy and Carimar Beach Resort. We had a studio and for two it worked out just fine. The nicest people in the office for anything you need. Nice touch was the morning water and afternoon rum punch in the afternoon for the guest. Our only recommendation would be to have someone available on Sunday on site, work on improving the internet and phone reliablity. Really would have liked to have a BBQ grill available also. All in all we will more than likely go back this coming spring.

Room Tip: All of the outside locations have great views.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 1NODAK

Reviewed September 26, 2012

We arrived at the Turtle’s Nest September 19 at nearly 5 O’clock. In the parking lot we met Betania who escorted us to our room1BE, a studio in phase 2. We entered the room and found bottles of wine waiting, flowers on the bed the room was cooled down with the AC blasting away and it was immaculate! However, my wife and I brought our 9 month old baby along and decided on the plane a studio and a baby may not be working pair and wanted to see about getting a one bedroom with a door we could shut when putting the baby to sleep at night. We asked Betania if that was a possibility she opened the door to 1AW, first floor. The view was immediately stunning, with a view of the pool and one lone Yellow umbrella with two chairs. Betania apologized the room was not cooled down and we told her not to apologize!! We immediately took the room and Betanina grabbed the wine, and brought us a new key. She also told me my Jeep was waiting in the parking lot. We rented a Jeep Wrangler from Summer Set Car Rentals, Moran left it in the parking lot with a note, “enjoy! we will do the paperwork later!”

We changed into shorts and ran to the grocery store. Go to Food 95, super close and the best selection around! We went to Albert Lakes first and were more impressed with Food 95 which is really close! We then put the baby in his room and went to touch the long missed warm Caribbean water. The next day we met groundskeeper “Scooby” and later Darryl, two of the nicest guys you could meet! Scooby told us the two chairs were ours and checked on us alot! Darryl was painting the rails and just as he told me the paint was wet I was putting my hand on the rail. I then helped Darryl repaint the rail. We also met the housekeeper Jeanette who was also GREAT! She was so nice, and she loved our baby and he loved her! Besides the great staff the Turtle’s nest is fantastic!

The room has everything you need for a great stay. We have been to Anguilla before and found the location, room and amenities well worth the price. Which compared to the other rooms on Mead’s Bay is substantially lower per night. I read reviews about small hot water heaters and small TV’s and to that I say if your skin is not sun kissed enough to steer away from hot water you were not on the beach long enough and if you need a TV you are on the wrong island! We never turned our TV on, I can watch TV at home, I can not see the view I can see looking out the nearly solid glass wall at the back of the room over the beautiful sand beaches and perfect ocean. Also we never ran out of hot water. Full size appliances, granite counters King size bed, hotel style hair dryer and two bathrooms this place is perfect!

I talked to Scooby, Darryl and Jeanette daily and one day I was walking back from the parking lot and Scooby asked his usual “everything good?” to which I replied “no complaints, not that anyone would listen if I had any” in a typical American sarcastic trying to be funny retort and Scooby fired back “I would listen... and I would try to fix it!” A simple conversation that spoke volumes to the kind of person Scooby was. Blew me away. Every owner should try to have staff like Scooby, Darryl, Betania and Jeanette!

We will without a doubt return to Turtle’s Nest. Also go see Darryl's Family Band play, they play all over the island, great music, good fun! Side note a lot of stuff closes on the island in September, so beware, night life, restaurants other hotels. We were the only people on property most nights and less than 6 people on the beach average, which was nice too!

Room Tip: 1AW, the view is second to none!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank Matt-Nat2010
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Last August 2011 we were here for our honeymoon! IT WAS AMAZING! They left us a little gift with my new last name and we had such an amazing time!! Beautiful and secluded... we will be going back defiantly!!! This is the most amazing place I have EVER visited and we cant stop talking or thinking about it since.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Cyndi26
Reviewed July 7, 2012

I love Turtle's Nest so much I almost don't want to post a review because I'm afraid too many people will discover it and I won't get the rates and availability! I came to Anguilla at the last minute without a plan of where to stay (very unlike me - i usually research like crazy). I booked a well known expensive resort for the first 2 nights so I could explore the island and decide where to stay for 2 or more weeks.... I spent an entire day driving around, seeing rooms, condos and suites all over and I cannot believe what a gem Turtle's Nest Beach Resort is! The condo i rented is in the "phase 1 building" condo #2AE. It's 1 bedroom oceanfront condo. For an entire week here, I paid less than the 2 nights at the "luxury" resort and I have 3x the space, completely amazing unobstructed divine view and personalized attention! I am as close to the water as anyone can get. The views are stunning throughout. Full bedroom, bathroom, living room, dining room and kitchen all on Meads Bay! This is one of the most beautiful beaches in the world and I feel like I have it practically all to myself ! I can walk to 3 world class restaurants too. The service is wonderful here - everyone really just want to make their guests happy. From the outside it looks a bit beat up (and are some odd things like rust here or there - that normally would bother me, but for this price, view and service i do not care!). I almost didn't check it out when i pulled up - but am soo glad I did. Right next door, the villas charge the same amount per night for what i am paying for the whole week! There are HUGE cool old turtles that live out front... And the staff even put rose petals on my bed. I want to buy one of these condos I love it so much! Shhh don't tell anyone !! I extended my stay to 3 weeks.. and will be back many many more times!

Room Tip: Phase 1 building is closer to the water.. all condos are individually owned so will differ.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
9  Thank Michele C
Reviewed July 2, 2012

My husband and I just returned from a week long stay at the Turtles Nest. We had stayed at Carimar last year, which we loved, but I really felt I needed AC in the whole place this time. When we arrived I was greeted by Jackie, who was wonderfully warm and helpful. It started the trip off and a very positive note. She showed us to our room and when we went inside I was instantly impressed by the size, the beautiful view of Meads Bay and the AC. We stayed on the fourth floor (4 AW) and I have to warn you, it's not for the faint of heart. The climb really was wearing, especially with groceries and after a long hot day at the beach. I may opt for the 3rd floor next year. The unit was spotless and was kept that way by our housekeeper Ailene. She was so sweet and was so flexible (we didn't leave often times until noon) and she wasn't making us feel bad. The kitchen was great. It had nice granite countertops and plenty of space and everything we needed. There was also a washer and dryer but we didn't use it. I did however use the iron almost everyday. The pool below looked delightful but we never did take advantege of it. The beaches kept us pretty busy. I would completely recommend Turtles Nest and plan to return back next year. It was a great place.

Room Tip: 4AW has a great view if you don't mind the stairs, but you can probobly get a pretty darn good v...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank maryhop
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We stayed for the first time at the Turtle's Nest the end of May. The apartment, staff, and location exceeded our expectations.
Our unit was a one bedroom in the Phase 1 building. The apartment was great but it was the views that blew us away. The apartment faces east and has 3 areas of glass doors that wrap one corner of the unit. You could see the beautiful Meads Bay from the living room, dining, and kitchen area.
On top of that, there is large balcony that we used to enjoy morning coffee and an evening glass of wine - just perfect.
As noted in several other reviews, TNBR is on a fantastic beach. This was our 7th visit to Anguilla and we always stayed on SBE but have definitely found a new 'home'.
It is also convenient for lunch and dinner. There are a few within walking distance for lunch - Staw Hat, Jacala, and the Beach Shack and many others can be reached in a few minutes by car.
Finally, the staff - Betania, Scooby, and Daryl,the owner Johnny, and everyone else were wonderful. I had a mishap while at TNBR (I cut my head requiring stitches) and Johnny and Betania went way out of their way to take care of me until I could make it to the hospital. Everyone was really caring and checked on me for the rest of our stay.
As I said,this was our first time at TNBR but it definitely won't be our last.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank TCvacationer1
Reviewed May 21, 2012

The vast and open layout of these condos together with their very affordable price is only one of the reasons you will experience bliss on this property. As noted it is right in the middle of an amazingly spectacular beach. Several other hotels/restaurants are within a short to medium walk with varying menus from light fare to all out dining. There isnt' a thing the staff doesn't cover for you to ensure your stay is positively divine. We stayed on Anguilla first with a plan to ferry to St Martin for a few days. On our ferry over to St. Martin we realized we were the most relaxed we have ever been on any vacation. Hard to describe unless you've been there but staying at Turtles Nest is pure bliss.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Zemi Beach House, Resort & Spa
Zemi Beach House, Resort & Spa
#1 of 3 in Shoal Bay Village
Four Seasons Resort and Residences Anguilla
Four Seasons Resort and Residenc...
#4 of 13 in West End Village
Paradise Cove Resort
Paradise Cove Resort
#11 of 13 in West End Village

Been to Turtle's Nest Beach Resort? Share your experiences!