“STUNNING PERFECT OCEANFRONT GEM!”

Turtle's Nest Beach Resort
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in West End Village
Malibu
“STUNNING PERFECT OCEANFRONT GEM!”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

I love Turtle's Nest so much I almost don't want to post a review because I'm afraid too many people will discover it and I won't get the rates and availability! I came to Anguilla at the last minute without a plan of where to stay (very unlike me - i usually research like crazy). I booked a well known expensive resort for the first 2 nights so I could explore the island and decide where to stay for 2 or more weeks.... I spent an entire day driving around, seeing rooms, condos and suites all over and I cannot believe what a gem Turtle's Nest Beach Resort is! The condo i rented is in the "phase 1 building" condo #2AE. It's 1 bedroom oceanfront condo. For an entire week here, I paid less than the 2 nights at the "luxury" resort and I have 3x the space, completely amazing unobstructed divine view and personalized attention! I am as close to the water as anyone can get. The views are stunning throughout. Full bedroom, bathroom, living room, dining room and kitchen all on Meads Bay! This is one of the most beautiful beaches in the world and I feel like I have it practically all to myself ! I can walk to 3 world class restaurants too. The service is wonderful here - everyone really just want to make their guests happy. From the outside it looks a bit beat up (and are some odd things like rust here or there - that normally would bother me, but for this price, view and service i do not care!). I almost didn't check it out when i pulled up - but am soo glad I did. Right next door, the villas charge the same amount per night for what i am paying for the whole week! There are HUGE cool old turtles that live out front... And the staff even put rose petals on my bed. I want to buy one of these condos I love it so much! Shhh don't tell anyone !! I extended my stay to 3 weeks.. and will be back many many more times!

Room Tip: Phase 1 building is closer to the water.. all condos are individually owned so will differ.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
9 Thank Michele C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
College Park, MD
Reviewed July 2, 2012

My husband and I just returned from a week long stay at the Turtles Nest. We had stayed at Carimar last year, which we loved, but I really felt I needed AC in the whole place this time. When we arrived I was greeted by Jackie, who was wonderfully warm and helpful. It started the trip off and a very positive note. She showed us to our room and when we went inside I was instantly impressed by the size, the beautiful view of Meads Bay and the AC. We stayed on the fourth floor (4 AW) and I have to warn you, it's not for the faint of heart. The climb really was wearing, especially with groceries and after a long hot day at the beach. I may opt for the 3rd floor next year. The unit was spotless and was kept that way by our housekeeper Ailene. She was so sweet and was so flexible (we didn't leave often times until noon) and she wasn't making us feel bad. The kitchen was great. It had nice granite countertops and plenty of space and everything we needed. There was also a washer and dryer but we didn't use it. I did however use the iron almost everyday. The pool below looked delightful but we never did take advantege of it. The beaches kept us pretty busy. I would completely recommend Turtles Nest and plan to return back next year. It was a great place.

Room Tip: 4AW has a great view if you don't mind the stairs, but you can probobly get a pretty darn good v...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank maryhop
Maryland
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We stayed for the first time at the Turtle's Nest the end of May. The apartment, staff, and location exceeded our expectations.
Our unit was a one bedroom in the Phase 1 building. The apartment was great but it was the views that blew us away. The apartment faces east and has 3 areas of glass doors that wrap one corner of the unit. You could see the beautiful Meads Bay from the living room, dining, and kitchen area.
On top of that, there is large balcony that we used to enjoy morning coffee and an evening glass of wine - just perfect.
As noted in several other reviews, TNBR is on a fantastic beach. This was our 7th visit to Anguilla and we always stayed on SBE but have definitely found a new 'home'.
It is also convenient for lunch and dinner. There are a few within walking distance for lunch - Staw Hat, Jacala, and the Beach Shack and many others can be reached in a few minutes by car.
Finally, the staff - Betania, Scooby, and Daryl,the owner Johnny, and everyone else were wonderful. I had a mishap while at TNBR (I cut my head requiring stitches) and Johnny and Betania went way out of their way to take care of me until I could make it to the hospital. Everyone was really caring and checked on me for the rest of our stay.
As I said,this was our first time at TNBR but it definitely won't be our last.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank TCvacationer1
X
Reviewed May 21, 2012

The vast and open layout of these condos together with their very affordable price is only one of the reasons you will experience bliss on this property. As noted it is right in the middle of an amazingly spectacular beach. Several other hotels/restaurants are within a short to medium walk with varying menus from light fare to all out dining. There isnt' a thing the staff doesn't cover for you to ensure your stay is positively divine. We stayed on Anguilla first with a plan to ferry to St Martin for a few days. On our ferry over to St. Martin we realized we were the most relaxed we have ever been on any vacation. Hard to describe unless you've been there but staying at Turtles Nest is pure bliss.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank IslandGetaways
Orange, California
Reviewed April 29, 2012

I've been lazy about doing this, but a special on HGTV's "House Hunters International" last night prompted me to action. The program was about a couple looking for a permanent home to rent on Anguilla and while not a featured property they keep showing exteriors of the Turtles Nest condos where my wife and I spent the most relaxing vacation we've ever had.
We stayed with friends in a 2-bedroom unit (#3AE) on the 3rd floor of the Phase 2 building. This is not a huge, impersonal resort - there are only two 4-story buildings - so staying at TN is more like renting a private villa on the island. Our unit had a huge kitchen, living/dining room, two large bedrooms, each with its own bathroom and shower, was super clean, modern, well-furnished, fully equipped and featured a large balcony with sweeping views of the entire beach along Meads Bay. We spent most of our off-season week there just lying in the sun, swimming, snorkeling and unwinding. We've not stayed at any other Anguilla property, but we did compare rates and found Turtle's Nest to be very, very competitive, especially as it is smack in the middle and right on the sand of the best beach on the island. If you doubt that, consider its neighbors - TN is midway between the famed Malliouhana resort at the northeastern tip of Meads Bay and the Viceroy at the western end. A big plus is that Meads has a long beachfront that isn't jam-packed with hotels, so isn't as crowded as some of the island's beaches. In fact, we were there in midsummer and pretty much had the beach to ourselves. If you get tired of surf and sand, there's a nice pool at TN as well. The staff was wonderful, and while TN has no restaurant it is quite near several great places - we loved Smokey's in Cove Bay (and actually, everything on Anguilla is quite near everything else.) We saved some $$ by using the kitchen at our condo many nights - there are decent markets in The Valley. I can't think of a better place to stay on one of the Caribbean's nicest islands.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
6 Thank Uclulet10
PA
Reviewed April 26, 2012

We just returned home from a stay at Turtle's Nest and it could not have been better! We stayed in 3BE and had wonderful beach and ocean views. The rooms are clean and modern looking with a nice balcony and table with 2 chairs, which are great for relaxing and reading! The location is superb and Mead's Bay was one of the nicest beaches we visited; it's very clean and the sand and ocean are like nothing I've ever seen before. Our friends stayed next door at the Frangipani and were jealous of the amenities we had that they did not! All in all, our stay was superb, the prices were great and we can't wait to return! We will definately be staying at "The Nest" again!

Room Tip: No restaurant on site, but the Straw Hat at the Frangipani and Blanchards Beach Shack down the road...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank beachlover41010
Boston, Ma
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stayed at "The Nest" in December 2011 in order to plan our wedding on Anguilla this coming May. The rooms are clean and spacious. Betania, the reservations manger is great and has made planning our stay so easy. Almost all of our guests have chosen to stay here and we are sure that they will not be disappointed. The prices are very reasonable, the staff could not be friendlier and Meads Bay is absolutely beautiful. This is not our first trip to Anguilla and "The Nest" and it will certainly not be our last. We are counting down the days until our return.

Room Tip: First floor ocean view is great. But no worries on higher floors either.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Zemi Beach House, Resort & Spa
Zemi Beach House, Resort & Spa
#1 of 3 in Shoal Bay Village
Four Seasons Resort and Residences Anguilla
Four Seasons Resort and Residenc...
#4 of 13 in West End Village
Malliouhana, An Auberge Resort
Malliouhana, An Auberge Resort
#2 of 13 in West End Village

Been to Turtle's Nest Beach Resort? Share your experiences!