“Food was great, service was better.”

Mango's Seaside Grill
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Every single thing on the table was phenomenal. We eat family style and share our food at dinner and mangos was no exception. Our two year old son was tired from traveling all day and they let him sleep on the couch by the host stand. Then there was the food, and it was spectacular. Conch bisque, lobster, whole grilled snapper, everything was just great. Set right on the beach, the view and ambiance add to the meal. It was a little pricey, but that was the case on the entire island. Anguilla is not cheap, but it's absolutely worth it.
I wish we had made it back a second time, but as with every vacation, they are too short.
Next time we will have to swing by again.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

My wife and I had dinner at Mangos on our recent visit to Anguilla. We had eaten there before and liked it. but that was 8-10 years ago, so it was time to go back, and we weren't disappointed. (I guess the downside of having so many great restaurants in Anguilla is that you don't always get a chance to go back to old favorites :-)

We didn't have a reservation, but we were seated immediately -- the restaurant wasn't full, but there were plenty of other customers there. We didn't have reservations because we were planning to eat at Oliver's, but that didn't work out (see my review there for the gory details). We were planning to go to Mangos anyway, but on a different night.

Mangos is on the beach in Barnes Bay, and although I've never been there early enough to see the sun set, it should provide a good sunset view. My wife and I both started with the conch chowder, which was very good -- very much like New England clam chowder, except with conch. For dinner, my wife had blackened snapper, which was the fish of the day, and I had the sesame snapper filet. Both dishes came with sweet potato mash, roasted potatoes, broccoli and grilled zucchini, and they were both delicious. As usual, we were too full for dessert (next time we'll skip the starters).

The service was efficient for the most part, though our waiter wasn't particularly warm or friendly, and wasn't too good about keeping the water glasses filled -- maybe he was having an off day. He was good enough that it didn't detract from our experience in any way. The hostess, on the other hand, was very friendly. They also sell nice t-shirts and other clothing items there, and the hostess was very helpful when I was looking for a specific size and color.

We were glad we returned to Mangos. It might not be on our short list, but we would definitely consider Mangos again in he future, and if you haven't tried it, you should.

1  Thank DeeEss
Reviewed June 25, 2013

My family and I at dinner at Mangos. Was a nice restaurant with a good menu choices. This was our first dinner out from the Cuisinart Resort where we were staying. The setting was great, right on the beach. The food was very good and my kids loved it. The only draw back, not at all related to the restaurant, is my wife was not feeling well in her stomach so it really made us rush through dinner and she ended up having to get hers to-go. It was the first time I ordered Anguillian crayfish and they were certainly yummy! Would definitely put this on your list of restaurants at which to eat!

Reviewed June 23, 2013

This was a very good meal! We had fish and everyone loved their choice! I had the mussel's and they were spot on! The owners are incredibly friendly! We even brought home a jar of hot sauce and I use it every day! Yummo!!!!

Reviewed June 15, 2013

They have an impressive wine list, and this was the only restaurant where we ordered a bottle. My wife started with a Greek salad that was awesome with local tomatoes and feta cheese. I had a black bean soup that was very pedestrian – little spice or flavor other than the beans. My wife ordered the grilled grouper with sundried tomatoes, mushrooms, rice and broccoli. It was soooooo tender and extremely well cooked. I ordered the stuffed chicken, which was very cheesy, but the highlight was the pureed carrots, which were sinful. We closed with coconut cheesecake and crème brulee, both of which were just OK.