“Great Food, Wonderful Spot”

Straw Hat Restaurant
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Straw Hat Restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner, seven-days-a-week, at our beautiful beachfront location on Meads Bay Anguilla. Straw Hat is open annually from November through August and is closed in September and October. Beach chairs are available on a limited, first-come, first-served basis for our breakfast and lunch guests. Reservations are strongly suggested for dinner and are helpful in securing our very best, beachfront tables. Straw Hat is also a very popular destination for special events including weddings, rehearsal dinners, birthday celebrations and corporate functions. Please contact us for more information. We look forward to seeing you soon in Anguilla! Sunny regards!
Reviewed March 13, 2014

We had a wonderful lunch at Straw Hat last week. The food was delicious, service good and location on Meads Bay fabulous. Given the cost of restaurants on Anguilla, Straw Hat is a great value. I had the tuna on flatbread and my husband had the fish sandwich. Both were wonderful, and the fries that came with his sandwich were dangerously good. Service was friendly. The beach in front is beautiful. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

1  Thank italiangirlat
Write a ReviewReviews (1,286)

Reviewed March 12, 2014

We make sure we have at least one or two lunches and a dinner at Straw Hat during our February stays on Anguilla. The staff is efficient, friendly and always welcoming, Even though she was busy with a large group at dinner, Armel came over for a hello kiss and Doris, the hostess, is efficient and always making sure all is well. Since the new chef, Nick, the food as gotten even better.

Lunch was only disappointing in that they were out of the fried plantains and salsa "for the table" but our waist lines were probably lucky in that regard. We both had delicious sandwiches accompanied by the best fries ever and I had a very good rum punch. Dinner, I was craving meat and the special was a skirt steak, done medium rare, as requested, that was melt in your mouth good. It came over mashed potatoes & asparagus with shrimp and pineapple; hubby had the crispy snapper with creamed spinach and plantains, which he said was the best snapper he had this trip.

Since we stayed in the villa a lot during the day, we only ate lunch at SH once this trip but it's worth many come backs.

Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

Went for lunch based on other reviews, and can't wait to go back. It sits right on the beach down from our hotel so we can walk along the water. I had the fish sandwich my husband had the cubano. We ended up sharing because both were so good. The fries that come with are the best fries I have ever had. Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed March 11, 2014

I would have past on this one it was more casual then I would have like maybe for lunch or an early dinner and I didnt like the menu

1  Thank krowa r
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Great food, wonderful wait staff. Peter the owner oversees it all. The views are spectacular,
Right on Meads Bay. Have been there for both lunch and dinner and have never been
Disappointed.