“Best Breakfast on the island”

Straw Hat Restaurant
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Straw Hat Restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner, seven-days-a-week, at our beautiful beachfront location on Meads Bay Anguilla. Straw Hat is open annually from November through August and is closed in September and October. Beach chairs are available on a limited, first-come, first-served basis for our breakfast and lunch guests. Reservations are strongly suggested for dinner and are helpful in securing our very best, beachfront tables. Straw Hat is also a very popular destination for special events including weddings, rehearsal dinners, birthday celebrations and corporate functions. Please contact us for more information. We look forward to seeing you soon in Anguilla! Sunny regards!
Florida
“Best Breakfast on the island”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

While strolling along Meads Bay from our hotel (Viceroy) my husband and I, along with our 9 month old decided to stop in and have lunch here. The service was great. Shane seated us right away and he became fast friends with our 9 month old. I had the fish burger which was great, the sauce in the sandwich just gave it so much flavor, my husband had the chicken club sandwich and enjoyed it. After looking over the menu we decided to return the next day for breakfast, and the next, and the next and the next. The breakfast is affordable, great portions and tasty.The staff was always courteous and friendly and Shane always treated us like old friends. We would often sit long after breakfast was over just enjoying the view and never did the staff ever rush us or make us feel like we were taking up space. Would definitely recommend.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Trvl_Prncss

Belmont, Massachusetts
“Ate here twice and will return”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

We heard about this place from an acquaintance and decided to check it out since we were staying at Anacaona (5 minutes down the beach).

Our preferred spot is at the bar as we tend to be a little social; it's the best place to sit as you get to meet much of the staff and management as well as other tourists/locals. The legendary Armel even gave my boyfriend a hug as we left after our first meal there.

The first time we were there, we both had the pork belly; it was amazing and the flavors of the chorizo and pumpkin "ravioli" just added to the jerk spice of the meat. Upon our second visit, I had a mix of appetizers and sides. The big eye tuna flatbread melted in our mouths. The curried goat sliders were well flavored, although there could have been a teeny bit more meat.

I'll definitely make this a habit whenever I visit Anguilla.

Tyngsboro, Massachusetts
“Once again...Outstanding!”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

My husband and I have been to Anguilla several times and have always visited the Straw Hat restaurant for dinner. The food is always exceptional and the service is wonderful. This visit we ended up sitting at the bar for dinner instead of a table because Cary (bartender) and Ann (owner) were such a delight to talk with. Later, Peter (owner) came over and chatted with us as well. Great ambiance, extremely nice people, and outstanding food! We even went back on Sunday night to watch our New England Patriots play on their wide screen TV. Cary makes a great cucumber martini and their Tuna flatbread is amazing! Setting is picturesque. This is a must try on the Island...you'll end up going back again and again.

1 Thank 42Jen
Toronto, Canada
“too bad but it's still good”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

we could not get a better table this time when we went for dinner as I emailed doris a bit too late, by time we got there, all tables close to the beach were all taken but the food and service were still excellent, we dined there with two friends from Toronto, they loved it there and the setting is just perfect. We are going to straw hat again on 25 but this time is lunch, never ate lunch there, looked at the menu and it looks decent and sounds good.....stay tune!

Centreville, Maryland
“Best view in Anguilla”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

We have dined here for dinner before (at its old location) but this was our first time for lunch and at this location. Before it was Straw Hat, it was the Terrasse restaurant at Frangipani where we stayed years ago and where we ate breakfast each morning. You cant beat the view or get any closer to the water. It is literally on the beach.

Our food and drinks were very good, nothing remarkable though (but that may have just been what we got this time). I actually had to send my first sandwich back - the Cubano. It looked good but 75% of the meat was fat. I am not one to send things back, but I couldn't eat this. They were fine about switching my order but the chef did send the waitress out with a message for me - to inform me that I had ordered pork belly and pork belly is almost all fat. The description said nothing about that, just that it was shredded braised pork. The waitress then said that the chef must have been confused with the dinner menu because there is a pork belly dish on that.

This wasn't my favorite lunch of the week but I would definitely go back.

And kudos to the hardworking boy who provided us with a menu and flag on a pole to signal him if we wanted anything delivered to our beach doors at the resort next door.

1 Thank Kristen1206