“Very Uneven Service”

Straw Hat Restaurant
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Straw Hat Restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner, seven-days-a-week, at our beautiful beachfront location on Meads Bay Anguilla. Straw Hat is open annually from November through August and is closed in September and October. Beach chairs are available on a limited, first-come, first-served basis for our breakfast and lunch guests. Reservations are strongly suggested for dinner and are helpful in securing our very best, beachfront tables. Straw Hat is also a very popular destination for special events including weddings, rehearsal dinners, birthday celebrations and corporate functions. Please contact us for more information. We look forward to seeing you soon in Anguilla! Sunny regards!
KUTZTOWN
“Very Uneven Service”
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

Out of all the restaurants we enjoyed this week this was our least favorite. The place is always packed because of the sensational view. Food was good not great. I had the goat curry which tasted and was as tender as lamb. Friends had pork belly, steak and tuna. However, we waited 15 minutes for coffee after our dessert came. We never did get it. Restaurant was so busy it difficult to flag down a server. My hubby had the lobster egg roll for appetizer. Go for lunch!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank rsakita

“Favorite restaurant of the trip!”
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

We loved the environment and food at Straw Hat. The staff was very friendly and the food was outstanding. I got the prawn curry dish (amazing) and my mother got the mahi mahi (she loved it). We also had the pleasure of listening to the tunes of Spraka live on the back porch which overlooks the ocean! The setting couldn't have been more beautiful :). We love Straw Hat and would highly recommend to all that visit the beautiful Anguilla!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Christinasarah
South Florida
“Great Lunch and Day on Meads Bay”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Fantastic lunch, great drinks (some of the best on the island thanks to Shellyann and Kerry) and the complimentary use of beach chairs made it a perfect day. This restaurant is great for lunch and dinner. Also fantastic sunset views.

• Visited June 2013
South Florida, Florida
“Great food and service on Meads Bay”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My wife and I had dinner at Straw Hat during our recent trip to Anguilla. This was our third visit to Straw Hat (the first time was at their old location in Forest Bay), and we've enjoyed it each time.

Straw Hat is located at the Frangipani Resort on Meads Bay, so it's a great setting for dinner and watching the sun set (though we were too late for that). For starters, we shared the Straw Hat spring rolls, which were very good. For dinner, my wife had the sugar cane shrimp on avocado mash (appetizer portion), which she really liked. I decided to try something local and had the curried goat with dumplings, which was good, but not a good choice for me. The goat curry was similar to Indian lamb curry, but with a more intense, gamey flavor -- it was a huge portion and very rich, so I don't know how anyone could have finished it. I'm not a big fan of lamb, so I didn't eat much of it -- I guess it should have occurred to me that goat might taste like lamb. My wife, who does like lamb, tasted the goat curry and thought it was very good. It would be nice if they offered the goat curry as an appetizer, so you could try it without committing to it for your dinner.

Although this wasn't my favorite meal at Straw Hat, it's still a great place for dinner, and we will definitely be back.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank DeeEss
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

The food is excellent and the staff is wonderful!! We had several meals here, but we also had food delivered to us (room service) as we stayed at the Frangipani. Everything was wonderful, always.

Visited May 2013