“Deliciously Fresh Seafood”

Straw Hat Restaurant
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Straw Hat Restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner, seven-days-a-week, at our beautiful beachfront location on Meads Bay Anguilla. Straw Hat is open annually from November through August and is closed in September and October. Beach chairs are available on a limited, first-come, first-served basis for our breakfast and lunch guests. Reservations are strongly suggested for dinner and are helpful in securing our very best, beachfront tables. Straw Hat is also a very popular destination for special events including weddings, rehearsal dinners, birthday celebrations and corporate functions. Please contact us for more information. We look forward to seeing you soon in Anguilla! Sunny regards!
Reviewed December 5, 2012

In all my travels, I don't think I've ever had fresher seafood than at Straw Hat! It's on the grounds of where we stayed (the Frangipani) so my husband and I went there for dinner one night and breakfast/brunch each morning, and the mahi mahi was incredible. I would absolutely recommend this restaurant to anyone going to Anguilla!

3  Thank lschneider3

Reviewed December 4, 2012

service was horrible...took forever and the wait staff seemed a little lost
Food was pretty good.......location was great tho. Dining on the beach is always fun
all in all a decent lunch spot

1  Thank sal F
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Based on reviews, I was looking forward to dining here. Dinner was disappointing, not that it was bad...just that it wasn't the 'Wow' kind of place I was expecting. The menu was rather limited.

We returned for a breakfast which was much better than dinner. Try the scallion potato pancake with poached eggs and pesto hollandaise. Excellent.

I must say that service both visits was outstanding. We are big water-drinkers, and we never had to even look around for someone to refill our glasses.

One point to remember - they automatically add a 15% service charge, so keep that in mind when considering what to tip.

1  Thank YoPhilly
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Located next to the best resort on the island (Frangipani). Lunch was my favorite meal. Great drinks too.

1  Thank CurlyRabbit
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My husband and I ate at the Straw Hat 4 out of the 7 nights we were in Anguilla. We originally went there because we were staying at Frangipani so it was extremely convenient. We also ate breakfast there a couple of times, but preferred to eat in our room so that we could have more time on the beach. After dining there the first night, we already knew we could eat there multiple nights because there were so many entrees we wanted to try and the prices were affordable for the amount of food given. Throughout our 4 nights at the Straw Hat we tried many items off the menu.

Appetizers – Mixed Island Greens salad and a special of Tacos with conch and shrimp. The salad was good, but not very big for the price. The tacos on the other hand were plenty of food and delicious. We originally ordered the tacos without shrimp so the chef came out to our table to see if it was okay to mix in some mahi-mahi and snapper, which was perfect. We even saved some of the tacos for the next day, and they were still great!

Meals – Boneless Curried Goat (2 different nights), Jerk Braised Pork Belly, Coriander Crusted Tuna, Crispy Snapper Fillet (2 different nights), Blackened Snapper from the Simple Grills section, and a Swordfish special they had one night. Every dish was outstanding. Obviously the ones we ordered more than once we really liked, but you can’t go wrong with any of the dishes listed.

Desserts – Molten Chocolate Cake, Straw Hat “Pyrat” Rum Cake, and Traditional Bread Pudding. I loved all of these desserts. I think if I were to order the Molten Chocolate Cake again, I would have ordered it with vanilla ice cream instead of the salted caramel it is served with. It was still good with the salted caramel ice cream, I just think I would like it better with vanilla.

Every experience we had at the Straw Hat was a positive one. I would most definitely recommend the Straw Hat to anyone visiting Anguilla especially in the Meads Bay area.