“Reasonable”

Straw Hat Restaurant
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Straw Hat Restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner, seven-days-a-week, at our beautiful beachfront location on Meads Bay Anguilla. Straw Hat is open annually from November through August and is closed in September and October. Beach chairs are available on a limited, first-come, first-served basis for our breakfast and lunch guests. Reservations are strongly suggested for dinner and are helpful in securing our very best, beachfront tables. Straw Hat is also a very popular destination for special events including weddings, rehearsal dinners, birthday celebrations and corporate functions. Please contact us for more information. We look forward to seeing you soon in Anguilla! Sunny regards!
Atlanta, Georgia
“Reasonable”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Located next to the best resort on the island (Frangipani). Lunch was my favorite meal. Great drinks too.

1 Thank CurlyRabbit

Dallas, Texas
“Many delicious options!”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My husband and I ate at the Straw Hat 4 out of the 7 nights we were in Anguilla. We originally went there because we were staying at Frangipani so it was extremely convenient. We also ate breakfast there a couple of times, but preferred to eat in our room so that we could have more time on the beach. After dining there the first night, we already knew we could eat there multiple nights because there were so many entrees we wanted to try and the prices were affordable for the amount of food given. Throughout our 4 nights at the Straw Hat we tried many items off the menu.

Appetizers – Mixed Island Greens salad and a special of Tacos with conch and shrimp. The salad was good, but not very big for the price. The tacos on the other hand were plenty of food and delicious. We originally ordered the tacos without shrimp so the chef came out to our table to see if it was okay to mix in some mahi-mahi and snapper, which was perfect. We even saved some of the tacos for the next day, and they were still great!

Meals – Boneless Curried Goat (2 different nights), Jerk Braised Pork Belly, Coriander Crusted Tuna, Crispy Snapper Fillet (2 different nights), Blackened Snapper from the Simple Grills section, and a Swordfish special they had one night. Every dish was outstanding. Obviously the ones we ordered more than once we really liked, but you can’t go wrong with any of the dishes listed.

Desserts – Molten Chocolate Cake, Straw Hat “Pyrat” Rum Cake, and Traditional Bread Pudding. I loved all of these desserts. I think if I were to order the Molten Chocolate Cake again, I would have ordered it with vanilla ice cream instead of the salted caramel it is served with. It was still good with the salted caramel ice cream, I just think I would like it better with vanilla.

Every experience we had at the Straw Hat was a positive one. I would most definitely recommend the Straw Hat to anyone visiting Anguilla especially in the Meads Bay area.

• Visited November 2012
Long Island
“Breakfest”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We were at carimar beach club,and we didnt go shopping so everyother day we went for breakfest. Coffee was good and loved the pancakes. If you like your bacon cooked on the well side ,tell them because it always came medium. Which is the way I like it.

Great service and they even knew us even we went from hotel on property.

Naples, Florida
“Straw Hat is a Wonder”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I am giving this restaurant 5 stars not just for the exceptional food and service but for consistency, a trait sorely lacking in many establishments today. Over the course of our recent stay in Anguilla, we had breakfast, lunch, dinner and late evening dessert at Straw Hat. We were fortunate to be there when 90 pounds of mahi found its way to Chef Nick -- this is a fish that I think of as mild and often eat in fish tacos or sandwiches. The Straw Hat mahi though was moist, succulent, suprisingly tasty, baked over rock salt, and perfectly seasoned. It was a highlight. Although I twice had the tuna flatbread (exquisite), my spouse was way too excited over the all beef hot dog with Straw Hat fries. He declared it one of the best hot dogs EVER (who knew there were distinctions?) and I was absolutely thrilled to discover real bagels at breakfast. Finally, my spouse and our guest cannot stop raving over the bread pudding -- they actually got out of a serious island-stupor one evening to go to Straw Hat just for the bread pudding -- it's apparently worth the trek every time. Everyting we had was perfectly prepared and Peter, Anne and Doris could not be finer hosts. We hope to have many, many more meals under starry Anguilla skies with the waves licking the dining wall at Straw Hat.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank MaryGG
Ardsley, New York
“Beautiful setting”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

east walk down the beach. Fresh salads; breakfast and large menu. Frink and eat while watching the wawes cresting a few feet away,