“Good Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Lac La Biche
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
“Good Hotel”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

The hotel itself if built for workers, Has Kitchens... Black out Curtains are great.
However, Cleaning doesn't seem to be high priority here, I stayed in a few different rooms, and the walls all needed to be washed. The rooms were cleaned daily, but I think they need to be a little more thorough. Staff are nice, and accommodating.
Overall I would probably stay again.

Room Tip: Request a Corner Room and one that is opposite the highway.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Randi S
BCMInns, Manager at BCMInns - Lac La Biche, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Thank-you for choosing BCMINNS Lac La Biche.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I was with my family the last December 2012. Service was terrible, food was not good at all and service at the front desk was not friendly at all. We were there for a hockey tournament in town. We were 16 families. With the team, we are allow to use one of the meeting rooms to gather after the games on Saturday at no charge but at BCMI they wanted to charge us $150 just for using the room even though we promised we are going to clean it after. Ramada and Holiday Inn never have charged us for using the meeting room as the whole team booked room. Also, I could hear what was happening next door. Also, at night when I was trying to sleep, I could hear all the noise from the room that was upstairs from my room. The people upstairs were moving furniture. I complained about this but the person I complained with said there was nothing he could do. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
I am very sorry you had this experience at our Hotel. I realize it can be real noisey when we have several young hockey players in the building, however your concern should have been addressed in a professional manner.
Alberta
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Nice clean motel, all rooms have a kitchen which is nice since we are traveling with a toddler. The breakfast is also convenient to have right on sight since the Boston Pizza that is next door is not open till lunch. Would stay again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank TravelingC0uple
Thank-you for staying at BCMINNS Lac La Biche
Prince George, BC, Canada
Reviewed January 11, 2012

This is the second Christmas in a row that I have stayed at the BCMI and I will be back. This time they took our small pooch again and they have changed their policy as we were placed in a non-smoking room. The pet fee was reasonable as well at only $10 night while other hotels charge up to $25/night. Thank you so much!

Rooms were exceptionally clean and the service was great again. My wife remarked that it was one of the best showers she had seen in a hotel and she has been to many countries.

The front counter service was exceptional and the staff are friendly and very helpful. YOu also get a real breakfast to. Not just a bagel and yogurt. Eggs and everything. Get there early though.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the South (back side) close to the lobby.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
BCMInns, General Manager at BCMInns - Lac La Biche, responded to this review, February 12, 2012
We listened to comments from your last stay and we made pet friendly rooms that are non smoking. I'm glad you gave us a second chance!

Thanks for your refreshing ideas! And the next time your through let us gift you some Boston Pizza Gift Certificates! Our Boston Pizza opens March 6, 2012 across our parking lot.

Al Beniuk
abeniuk@bcminns.com
Fort McMurray, Canada
Reviewed October 19, 2011

We have always enjoyed our stay here. They are pet friendly, and the rooms are not dirty, smoky old rooms that some places give their patrons despite the fact they are travelling with small well behaved (seasoned traveller) pets and owners who are with a large corporation on business. Thank you for the exceptional service, well appointed rooms(to include kitchenettes and spacious rooms) and exemplary service. I must commend Cora, who has always been a most gracious and attentive hostess, always exceeding customer expectations.

Room Tip: all rooms are great, but ground floor rooms are best for pets and you can request this when you make...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank John s
BCMInns, General Manager at BCMInns - Lac La Biche, responded to this review, December 29, 2014
Thank-you for taking time to complete a review of our Hotel. We value your feedback.
Edmonton, AB
Reviewed August 15, 2011

I have family in Lac La Biche and go there quite often. When there is no room at family members we get a room. I have stayed in all the other hotel and motels. This was our first time at the BCM Inn and the room was nice, the bathroom was good, the breakfast was great but I had a couple of extra things to take care of that staff (front desk clerk Jennifer) helped me with. After the first time meeting her she knew our names and addressed us by them. Will be our choice of accomodation without a doubt or worry.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Bonnyville, Canada
Reviewed June 7, 2011

I have stayed at just about every hotel in LLB and this is by far the best. Friendly staff, clean rooms, quiet. The staff even remember your name and go out of their way to make sure you have everything you need. I think the only trouble I have ever had was this past winter when their electronic keys did not seem to be working properly but they have it all fixed now!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business