“Expected more, average”

Cuisines: Seafood
Montréal, Canada
“Expected more, average”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Cor's is talked about as one of the good restaurants in Kitimat, but personnaly I was not impressed. Service is good, food is OK.

Visited July 2013
3 Thank VinnyPS888

Kitimat, Canada
“The best restaurant in town”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The restaurant doesn't look like it from outside AND inside but the food is excellent!!
I definitely recommend the tuna tataki as a starter! Delicious!
Salsa music is the background makes the restaurant more lively.

Don't dare showing up if you haven't booked. You'll hear about it from the chef!!!

Apart from that it is to be tried!

• Visited June 2013
Mission, Canada
“Sadly Dissapointed...”
Reviewed March 2, 2012

The atmosphere was good despite being very dark- there were a lot of candles and it felt very cozy. It is an unusual location for a restaurant but I would think that natural light is always a good thing no matter where you are! It was an eclectic decor- a lot of fake and real plants everywhere as well as random decorations. The music was good but was on the same three song loop and one song kept skipping which affected the mood- not a big deal really but it happened three times! Each time the server scrambled to switch it but it continued to happen again and again...and again.

The service was good- very friendly friendly but what was on the menu was not entirely available- there were some changes explained and also some surprises when the dishes we ordered came to the table. Overall it was a poor experience despite the fact that I REALLY wanted to like Cor's. It was very overpriced and I have no issue paying a lot of money for good food but the vegetables were all covered in butter and our steak was delicious- but was in a giant bun sandwich and was not worth what we had paid. The veggies were also undercooked and our "home fries" were store bought frozen sweet potato fries that were deep fried. Just overall not what the other reviews made it up to be unfortunately. Even through I realize I am in Kitimat and did not expect world class, this was not what I had anticipated.

4 Thank meaganhamilton
Kitimat
“You won't be disappointed !”
Reviewed February 23, 2012

I have eaten here a number of times and the food blows my mind everytime.I always wonder how come Cor is not famous in a big city.You will not find better tasting food anywhere in the north.Homemade soups,homemade desserts,filet mignon,seafood,interesting appys, for dinner,and great tasting burgers and sandwiches for lunch.Location is strange,being in a place called service center,but oh we'll!...irrelevant !Go,can't be beat!

Nelson Bay, Australia
“World class food”
Reviewed November 6, 2011

I know, it seems incongrous that world class food would be available in Kitimat. Even more weird, Cor's is located in an industrial area with zero curb appeal. I was told that the food here was exceptional, but it is more than that. I ate there three times during a two week stay in the area, and the food was equal to the best i have had in Europe, North America and Asia. The menu is deceptively simple, but the food is sublime. If you like steak, try the Blackened Steak, one of the best steak dishes i have ever had. The food isnt cheap, but it is worth every cent.

• Visited November 2011