“Warm haven on a freezing High Street”
Review of Red Peppers Esher

Red Peppers Esher
Ranked #2 of 60 Restaurants in Esher
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Red Peppers has something for everyone with its eclectic menu offering dishes from around the world.
London, United Kingdom
“Warm haven on a freezing High Street”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Looking for a warm and friendly place to eat at 5.30 p.m. in Esher High Street seemed impossible. We fancied Chinese or Thai for our pre-cinema trip, but they were either closed or uninhabited and desolate. When we peered into the chain restaurant, Red Peppers, a small group of children with two adults were just leaving. They looked well fed and happy. We abandoned our search for something more 'fine dining' and lurched into the hospitable arms of Mark - a happy looking waiter who, having assured us that they were open and willing for business, showed us to a comfortable table. Initially the only people in there, nonetheless we felt a welcoming warmth. Excellent service followed, with decent house wine, some unusual special main courses (lovely seafood spaghetti with spinach) while my partner avidly munched through a baby chicken in hot, hot sauce. It wasn't what we thought we wanted, but it was even better! A really generous chocolate brownie and ice cream sundae was shared to complete our delight. At under £20 each - value for money, We left, warm inside and out and stepped back into the cold to see our film at the Odeon opposite whilst the restaurant filled up with expectant evening diners who seemed to know what pleasures lay ahead.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank sylvanglade

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Excellent - Makes me wish I lived in Esher”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I went to Red Peppers whilst staying in Esher on business with a friend and simply can not fault it.
The food was first class and the Smoked Mackrel Pate on the Specials board was outstanding. The service on both occasions (we went back again the next night!!) was excellent, attentive without being intrusive. The menu was sensibly priced and offered an excellent choice.
I would advise you to book in advance if possible as it was very busy, even on a Tuesday night with no racing on at Sandown, however the staff were very welcoming and found us a table within 5 minutes of arriving.
Congratulations to all the team there on creating a great venue.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank jono295
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful experience - great find!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We visited Red Peppers in Esher last Saturday night. My partner had been with friends before but it was my first time going to the restaurant. Upon arrival the manager was very welcoming and friendly and despite us not booking he was accommodating and sorted us out a table comfortably. The food was quick to arrive which surprised us being so busy and the service was excellent- the waitress that served us was friendly and efficient, and really looked after us for the night. The food was good and reasonably priced, but it was the overall atmosphere and buzz which made it such a great evening. We will definitely be back in the future and will bring friends too!

“Great Again!”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Another wonderful evening at this popular restaurant.
Lucky to get a table on a busy friday night as we had not booked in advanced,manager was very helpful and got us a table for four.
Our friends had never been before and loved it! We will be coming back and back thanks to all the staff for making a Friday night a great night.

2 Thank Bluebellz
hampshire, United Kingdom
“My favourite Restaurant!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I used to live in Esher, and I remember Red Peppers opening! I have been returning ever since! I have never had a bad meal. The food is always tasty and enjoyable. I now have two daughters that I take back there, and every time they are well catered for. (Activitie packs and a good kids menu)

• Visited February 2013