Tripadvisor
Esher

“Beautiful restaurant, limited menu”
Review of Bombay Social

Bombay Social
Ranked #27 of 58 Restaurants in Esher
Description: Glamorous Indian dining in Esher, serving authentic Indian food 7 days a week, lunch and dinner. Gluten free and Vegan menus also available. Set Lunch menu’s from £10.95 per person.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A great deal of time and thought has been put into the decor of this restaurant which is stunning. The menu was, however, very limited. We really enjoyed the poppadoms which were broken into pieces. We then shared a fairly large vegetable samosa that was tasty. My husband had a lamb dish which he said was delicious and I had a Chicken Biryani which was a little over spicy (chilli) for my taste. I love spice, but do not like chilli which just burns my mouth. Everything arrived hot (as in temperature) and the waiters were attentive. We were told that the chefs were all from Bombay (Mumbai) and everything was authentic - and I can believe that. Wine is expensive - the cheapest bottle is £23 and the bill (which also included a glass of prosecco and a beer) for the meal was over £90. The four stars are given because the menu was so small, the wine very expensive - which meant the bill was high for what we had.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (54)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Great food, great atmosphere, great service. Will definitely come back. Writing a review is something we don’t do often!

1  Thank Neil-Berkett
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First time and overall would definitely come back. Cool bar for a pre dinner gin and tonic.. Dinner was ver good with all your favourite Indian classics served up in style and a twist. Other reviews complained about portion size however we couldn't finish the main courses and I am renowned for never leaving anything on my plate. Only criticism was the heavy up sell for the popadums at 4.95 for two. Apart from that thoroughly enjoyed this stylish Indian experience.

Reviewed January 17, 2020 via mobile

Just what Esher needed. A up market smart Indian that isn’t too expensive serving beautifully cooked tasty food. Very polite service, I’ve now been four or five times in the short time it’s been open thoroughly recommended

Reviewed January 16, 2020 via mobile

Seriously good food here, high quality, fresh and very well cooked. The prawn starter, pouri, nizami korma, black dal, railway lamb all were outstanding. It would be good to see a bread basket selection on offer as the bread was also excellent and it would be nice for a table to enjoy varieties. Service was very professional. I hope the bar can support a dedicated cocktail barman in the near future. Good luck with this venture which is a very welcome addition to Esher.