“Expensive, fresh, tasty good variety ”

Garsons Garden Centre
Ranked #4 of 18 things to do in Esher
Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

This is a huge place and more like a country home version of B&Q. Hundreds of types of plants, flowers, home decorations, etc.

It was a sunny Sunday that we visited and The traffic was really busy! Hundreds of families visited on the same day. We didn't get to pick our own strawberries but bought the boxes from the shop. Really sweet and tasty!! Cherries too.

I looked at the reviews so decided to skip the restaurant/ Cafe.

1  Thank May Q

Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

Garsons farm is a very good facility but the cafe has gone downhill. Coffee is insipid and too much of the food is sweaty inside plastic wrappings. Fresh food is tasty but £4.25 for an egg Mayo sandwich is too much and the cheese and pickle panini was mostly pickle. Come on cafe get some decent coffee and use double shots.

1  Thank Andy F
Reviewed May 18, 2014

We visit Garsons Farm a couple of times every year. The pick your own when its open in the summer months is such fun and fantastic at teaching young children where fruit and veg comes from and how it grows. The prices of the PYO aren't bad but be warned the farm shop, while having excellent quality goodies, is very expensive. 6 wild boar sausages set us back almost £5 and a tub of assorted olives was £9. (Delicious though!)

3  Thank Rebecca E
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

I visited Garsons Farm for the first time in a few years. Meeting my mother for lunch we chose a baguette and bottle of still water each. I was shocked to find this cost a massive £16.

After lunch I stopped at the farm shop expecting to be able to buy a variety of fresh fruit and veg. I was very disappointed the selection was pretty saggy and very little of it fresh. The asparagus was wrinkled and the tomatoes squishy. The soft fruit was on the edge. Not some where I would return in a hurry.

2  Thank RMGuildford
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We have been going to Garsons for many, many years and still do. However, it is sad to see the cafe in decline so much - especially when you see how much cafe standards have risen in most of the other garden centres in the area, particularly the privately owned businesses. These days a good cafe is an important part of a garden centre's appeal. I think that the Richardson family is really missing a trick here and falling behind (despite the retail development) the opposition as the cafe really lets the rest of the business down. Surely, they must remember how people used to flock in for the food in previous years and how that helped to enhance the whole buying experience for families. Now, just look at the tired food on display, the unappetising examples of cooked food and unappealing environment. Staff seem only to be friendly when it suits. I won't mention the coffee but recently decided not to even drink there after encountering dirty cups on a regular basis. We used to visit Garsons every week without fail but not so much now as we give the cafe a miss. Consequently, we go elsewhere more often. As a result I tend to buy my gardening goods at other places. It is a pity that the cafe is such a turn-off as the rest of the centre is OK.

2  Thank jomodu