North Country Inn
Ptarmigan Inn(Hay River)
$130
  • Restaurant
$116
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 27, 2013

The rooms were nice and clean. I had a kitchenette and everything seemed very clean. The only weird thing was having to borrow pots and pans from the lobby, I'm assuming they have had theft in the past. The rooms have cable, wifi, fridge, stovetop, microwave, couch and a dining area.

The prices are higher here as they are everywhere in the NWT.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Checkin was friendly and helpful. Our room was spotless, a fobia for my bride, with all the hot water one could want. My only gripe was that the one bed was a double so my feet were kinda hanging off the end.
We needed help for work a few days later and the owner went out of his way to help us out, what can you say, small town folk who are not too busy to come to our aid.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 26, 2013

geeze after reading these reviews i was scared as my garden group had booked us into north country inn. what a surprise! the hotel was very nice and clean, staff was happy friendly. Not sure how much we paid as expenses were on my group, but with all the hotels in the north prices ARE pretty standard at $180 a night! I've also stayed at the Parmitigan and North country Inn was much better, cleaner, friendlier and a continental breakfast! would recomend it and would stay there again, if unfortunately you are forced to be in Hay River.

Room Tip: rooms upstairs and at the back away from the road, 47 was great dark and quiet
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Gina M
Reviewed March 26, 2013

My fiancée was forced to hay river for work. The company pays for his nightly hotel room rate of a steep $180 a night. The room is an alright size with a double bed, futon, tv, small kitchen table and kitchenette. They offer fee wifi (if you have an hot to wait for one page to load) and a sad looking continental breakfast.

After a month of him staying here himself I thought I would come keep him company along with our 9month old son as I felt bad he was missing out. When we told them we were here we were not offered a crib/pack and play (which is offered in there hotel binder in every room). Some of the towels we were given were ripped. A few days into our stay I talked to a very nice young house keeper (the only friendly staff member I had encountered here) who told me about some things around town I can do with my son, she also told me we would get new bed sheets once a week. In the 20 days of being here we had received new sheets only once. Once a week I would ask for new towels. Even when the "do not disturbed" sign wasn't in the door. Also I don't go to the continental breakfast either as I'd rather just have breakfast in my room.

Having worked in hotels for years I had cleaned the room my self, we took out our own garbage, always did our dishes, etc. About 12 days into my stay we were then told that a charge of $20 a day for myself and son to stay here would apply! The next day we revived an invoice of "charges to date" of an amount of $240. After the 20 days of visiting my fiancée we would owe $400 for nothing! The company called the gm of the hotel and could do nothing.

I am very disappointed in the lack of service proved along with the outrageous room rates.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Travel-bug0124
Reviewed March 6, 2013

The average hotel can be more comfortable for the rates. Rooms are quite, simple and clean with comfortable beds. Bathroom is very small, clean towels.
Basic continental breackfast.
Free shuttle bus.
Too expensive for the services provided.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple