“Hay River hockey trip”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Hay River
Toronto
“Hay River hockey trip”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Great location great service you can't really expect anymore in a little town like Hay River. Our group was a bit rowdy we were there for the SR hockey league games the staff took care of us and also kept us from ruining the stays of others.

Room Tip: Not many options in town but this is your best bet...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Toronto55555
Curtis R, Manager at Ptarmigan Inn, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our property. We are committed to great customer service. We hope you enjoyed your hockey games and look forward to hosting you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Alberta
Reviewed November 12, 2012

The staff is friendly and helpful. The food is fresh, huge portions and well made. Rooms are comfortable and well appointed. I was very happy with my stay and will recommend it to everyone.I was there to do staff training and was very impressed with the people employed at the hotel . The liquor store is one block away and has really great wine!

Room Tip: The suite with the small kitchen and king size bed was fantastic.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Curtis R, Manager at Ptarmigan Inn, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for your review of our property, We are very proud of our staff and there committment to customer service.
Alaska
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Good location and my room was clean. Check in was smooth but check out was painfully slow. Room was somewhat outdated with very thin walls. I could hear the TV in the next room. The gentleman I was traveling with asked for a wakeup call but never got it.

Compared to other hotels in Hay River I would definitely stay here again. The manger is extremely helpful and his efforts to help me with an issue are definitely appreciated. If this hotel was in another city it would be rated lower. Again, the room was very clean, the manager very helpful, but the thin walls distracted from my stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank AKPROG
, Manager at Ptarmigan Inn, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review the property and bring forward the issues you noticed. I apologize for the slow check out process. I would appreciate speaking with you directly to try and get a little bit more information on what made your check out so slow.
I would also like to apologize for not receiving a wake up call, I plan to follow up with our desk staff to review our check out process and will also discuss the importance of following up on guest request's, such as wake up calls.

I appreciate your kind words about our managment staff and thank you again for reviewing our property and staying at the Ptarmigan Inn.

Curtis Rowe
Edmonton, Alberta
Reviewed November 23, 2011

I have stayed here twice. The advantage of this hotel is that there is a reastarant in the building.
The rooms are very small and vintage. They are clean but keep an open mind. Last time I stayed here I noticed in the evening that there was no hot water. A pipe had broke. The thing with these remote areas is that things don't get fixed very quickly. They had a guy come in the next morning about 8 or 9 so no shower that morning. To me, that is a deal breaker.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Curtis R, General Manager at Ptarmigan Inn, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Dear Guest,

I sincerely apologize for the inconvience, as you can imagine a burst pipe is not a common occurance and therefore this situation was fixed. I would be happy to discuss this with you further via email or phone at your convenience.

Regards,

Curtis Rowe

Been to Ptarmigan Inn? Share your experiences!