“A beautiful B&B near Malpensa and Milano”
Review of I Castagni B&B

I Castagni B&B
Redmond, Washington
“A beautiful B&B near Malpensa and Milano”
Reviewed July 31, 2010

This was our last stop after three memorable weeks in Italy. The house is in a very quite area near a national park with an easy walk to a wonderful restaurant. The hospitality we experienced with Carlo, Anna, and family was second to none. We had a huge area of our own, very clean, quiet, with everything to meet our needs, and more. Since we were traveling entirely by public transport Carlo and Anna collected and delivered us to Malpensa, just a few minutes away, as needed for our trips into Milano, and to catch a very early flight back to the states. The only mistake we made was not spending more time at I Castagni. On our return trips to Italy we will always visit Carlo, Anna, and family at I Castagni.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Hebrew first
Hong Kong
Reviewed July 22, 2010

What a pleasant surprise to find our B&B to be an amazingly nice and spacious apartment on the ground floor of a beautiful building. Nice outside sitting area and backyard garden. Carlo and Anna are lovely hosts who treated us like friends. Every details have been looked after. The place is better than the five star hotels that we have stayed during the trip in Italy. Definitely the best in Malpensa area.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed June 15, 2010

What a relief to find a clean, safe, comphy and delightful B&B for an over night change of planes in Milan. The host and hostess took extra special care of us - two American ladies.

We arrived by an evening train from Florence into the main Milan station, then took a bus to the airport. Carlos met us and drove us to his beautiful home, providing area information as we drove along.

We stayed in a very large apartment with a living room area (which I think had sleeper sofa) and a bedroom with two twin beds. In the morning we had to be up very early - before dawn - for our plane. Carlos made sure we had a very nice breakfast with delicious hot coffee and then took us back to the airport - no extra charge.

The evening we arrived we walked into the nearby town to have a very nice dinner at a restaurant Carlos recommended.

We wish we had arranged to spend extra days at this wonderful place - which is in the midst of a forest and village - and not far from the sights of Milan.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Ridgewood, New Jersey
Reviewed April 26, 2010

My aunt, daughter and I stayed at I Castagni, the night before my Aunt's flight home from Milan. I can't say enough good things about this B&B. Carlo and his entire family welcomed us as if we were family. Carlo drove me to pick up my daughter at the train station. The grounds and the location of the home are just beautiful. The accommodation was more than we could have ever expected. 3 rooms, a large bathroom, perfectly clean, free wireless internet, a little outside area to enjoy the evening, and a wonderful little restaurant up the street. It really was a wonderful way for my aunt to end her Italian vacation. She was thrilled. Carlo also offers a free shuttle to the airport.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
israel
Reviewed April 9, 2010

Excellent accommodation, Carlo host did everything to please us stay.
Great location near the airport of Milan.
Apartment clean and pleasant.
I believe we will visit again.
Strongly recommend.
The Winter "Israel."

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Massachusetts
Reviewed February 21, 2010

If you have an early flight, don't bother with an airport hotel -- stay here instead. We arrived late in the day and had decided to return our rental car then, if possible. Carlo jumped right in his car and led us to the rental return, even though this meant he would again have to drive us back to Malpensa the next morning for our departure. There was a restaurant within walking distance so it was not a problem to have returned the car, and we couldn't have asked for a more sane and comfortable way to deal with the business of departing, as sad as we were to be leaving.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
Reviewed December 6, 2009

We enjoyed a wonderful visit with Carlos, Anna and her mother - and found the entire experience to be remarkable comfortable and the accommodation completely over the top. The family setting for the apartment - yes, full apartment - is so quiet, peaceful and perfect after the hustle/bustle of air travel. A full set of three rooms, separate bedroom, and a full kitchen exceeded our expectations by far. Perfectly decorated and spotless. And then the breakfast that Anna provided was more than the two of us could ever eat, home made, and great. Any my wife knows high quality when she lives it. It is difficult to describe how totally friendly, caring and supportive that they were - beginning with picking us up airport late at night while asking no charge for the services. Very informative, knowledgable and interesting to talk with. The next day, Anna and her mother, and my wife - from rural North Carolina - had a lively "discussion" about the wonderful gardens that they manage with love. It was so funny to their patience in sharing experiences, with limited common language. We had to find a rental car location a few miles away that became complex, and Anna offered to not only take us, but stayed with it til she found it - and tried to refuse any payment for her time and services. I wish that we had been able to stay longer - and will definitely stay again if ever in the Milan area.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
First Hotel Malpensa
#1 of 10 in Somma Lombardo
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,080 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Milan-Malpensa Airport

Been to I Castagni B&B? Share your experiences!