“Wonderful !”
Review of Rancho Paraiso - CLOSED

Rancho Paraiso
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Rancho Paraiso! We offer the premiere horseback riding excursions on the North Shore of the Dominican Republic. Come and enjoy the island's picturesque North Shore scenery on horseback, and get off the beaten path! From two-hour rides to full day excursions, all of our tours feature breathtaking ocean and mountain views.Our horseback riding tours include: Mountain & beach rides, well-trained horses & professional staff, small groups & an emphasis on safety, affordable rates & customized tours, and an enriching cultural experience. And in most cases our guides will pick you up on horseback right at your villa or hotel. We look forward to meeting you when you "come ride in paradise!"
Montreal, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Wonderful !”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

My wife and I were staying at hotel La Catalina and we did the horseback excursion that goes from up in the mountains all the way to the beach. It was superb ! The views were beautiful and it was fascinating to walk by the villages, farms and schools and get an idea how people here live. It was also great to meet Abe and his wife, whose name I have forgotten. Both are Americans who have decided to move to Cabrera and started this horseback riding tour business and the Chico's Café restaurant (also a great place to visit). They are very knowledgeable about the area and hearing about their experiences is fascinating. A great way to learn things about Cabrera you will never learn by staying by the pool of your hotel !
Highly recommended !

Visited January 2013
1 Thank thomas O

Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing horseback riding experience”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I did the three hour trail with Abe and Eduardo, and their beautiful horses. Even though it was my first time horseback riding, Abe made us feel safe but also made sure we had fun. The ride was scenic and we took many pictures. We even got to taste some local fruit off the trees! I would recommend this to anyone looking to explore more of Cabrera's beauty, besides the beaches! I had a great time and would do it again!

Visited November 2012
2 Thank claraanne7
Dallas, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The Best Horseback Riding we've done”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

After taking riding excursions in many different locations, I was so impressed with the quality of Abe's (the owner) operation. The horses were incredibly easy to work with, were very responsive and we felt safe. We started out in the hills and took a nice pace through several Dominican villages on our way to the beach. It took about two hours to get to the beach. When we did, not only did we run the horses we ran them several times. It was a lot of fun and we left exhilarated and satisfied.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank AlanPutter
Gales Ferry, Connecticut, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My Favorite Thing We Did on Our Trip!”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

To say that Rancho Paraiso does an amazing job would be a total understatement! The staff are friendly, knowledgeable, and courteous. They listen to each rider and work to match the rider's ability and comfort level with that of the chosen horses for the adventure. Our adventure involved 11 of us (many first time riders) going on a 3 hour excursion, first starting along local dirt paths, then onto paved roads, and then ending at the beach. My first impressions were great. Abe and Edward worked with us and respected each individual's comfort level with riding. Their instructions were clear and they were caring. They answered our questions thoroughly and worked with each of us. As we progressed along the dirt path, we had the pleasure of meeting a local older Dominican man who allowed us to come to his home, to see how REAL life is for these great people instead of what you might see at a fancy resort. We learned a lot about the people from him as well as Abe. As the tour progressed, our comfort levels improved and most of us were relaxed and laid back. The views of the beach (even with the clouds of Isaac) were beautiful and inspiring. The horses were VERY WELL cared for. You can tell that the owners and managers of Rancho Paraiso truly care about their animals, which put me at ease. I cannot say enough great things about them! Just GO! :) You'll be glad you did!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank meridithkindred
Seattle, Washington
“Amazing Experience!”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We recently visited the Dominican Republic and had the amazing opportunity to take a horseback ride down to the beach with Rancho Paraiso! We were a group of several women (Team on Fire, holla!) with varying riding experience but they took the time to know our comfort level and pair us up with the right horse which I appreciated greatly since I'm short and didn't want the tallest horse in the bunch- they took care of that! The horses are well taken care of and are extremely well-trained. Rancho Paraiso also picked us up right at our villa so it was extremely convenient and easy. I was sure I wouldn't feel comfortable trotting or cantering but Abe took the time for us all to get comfortable before having us trot and by the end I was cantering down the beach like it was no big deal. What an experience to ride through the Dominican Republic and see local residents, houses and villages. Abe was great at giving us information about the lifestyle and culture which was really fantastic. It's one of the things we did while we were in the Dominican Republic that I just absolutely cannot stop talking about! I am so looking forward to making this a yearly trip and yearly experience with Rancho Paraiso!

Visited August 2012