“Lovely Al Fresco Dining” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cafe de la Place

Cafe de la Place
Cuisines: French, Cafe, European
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: OPEN 7 days a week
Goma, Democratic Republic of the Congo
“Lovely Al Fresco Dining”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

Lovely service, frequented by many a local, great outdoor dining. Food is simple but good. Excellent steaks.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Esher, United Kingdom
“Great, simple food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

We visited twice in the last week once in the evening and once at lunchtime. Both times we ate well and were served quickly. The burgers are lovely and clearly made there, the steak was good too. I was surprised that having arrived only at 1 for lunch that they had already run out of the menu du jour. well priced and great for a quick meal

Visited September 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“A pleasant evening”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Food was good, we weren't looking for haute cuisine and this was just what we wanted. The service was excellent and the prices reasonable.

Visited July 2013
Sarasota, Florida
“Open late for lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

It's nearly impossible to find lunch after 2:30 in this charming small town, but Caferde la Place is open until 3. They sat us quickly and we chose salads and pizza. The staff was wonderful, offering us both WiFi and some dinner suggestions. We came to late for the menu of the day. There are many pizzas and salads to choose from; a couple of fish selections and meat. The 4 cheese pizza was quite good as was the Prosciutto pizza. The La Luberon salad was also quite good. The Marguerite pizza was a bit boring. Not a fancy restaurant, but the prices are reasonable and the food very good.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“Very Good!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

I recently came back from a trip to Paris traveling with a group from the United States. So far, our overall impression of the food in Paris was not very good until we tried Cafe de la Place. My sister and I tried it based on a review of another traveler who went there a few night ago. We were pleasantly surprised to find that our waiter spoke English very well and even offered us an English menu.

The food was delicious. It was the first time that my sister and I sat down to a meal in Paris and ate every single bite. I had the grilled steak with shallot sauce and french fries and my sister had the farm style salad which had mozzarella balls and fried potatoes. We also indulged in dessert ( I would recommend the soft chocolate cake) and were extremely pleased.

It was conveniently located a block away from our hotel so we did not have to travel far. It was also reasonably priced. My sister and I ate for less than 50 euros. We made the right choice considering the group we were traveling with went to another restaurant that evening and came away disappointed.

If I do return to Paris, I would definitely come back to this little gem. It was a wonderful experience!

• Visited August 2013