“Walk with a Hawk”

Swinton Park Birds of Prey
More attraction details
Owner description: This is a wonderful centre which offers many experiences for the whole family. Falconry, Birds of Prey hunting, demonstrations, childrens events etc. They also have fun things like Hawk and Bafrn Owl Ring Bearing and Dove release for weddings. The center is found at Swinton Park, but is owned and run by Sophie Abbott. Very much appreciated experience!
Reviewed May 9, 2014

My son bought me this experience for my Christmas present. Met Sophie who explained everything in detail. I had Aries the Harris hawk and it was amazing how he followed us through the woods, coming to the glove every time.
The experience was amazing and would recommend this to anyone. The grounds are absolutely beautiful along with the hotel. Everyone we met were really friendly. I have to thank Sophie for sharing her time and knowledge, which was very extensive.

There are newer reviews for Swinton Park Birds of Prey

Reviewed April 15, 2014

We booked a taster session with Sophie for my family to meet her beautiful birds. We were not disappointed. Sophie was absolutely excellent and a credit to Swinton Park. She is so knowledgable and clearly loves her birds very much. She was patient and brilliant with pitching her talk fabulously to cater for my five year old twins. They had a ball handling the birds and watching them fly.
Please, please, please book a taster session (at the very least) with Sophie if you are staying at Swinton Park - you will LOVE it.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

There were 7 of us from a local camera club visiting for the day.
I had such a brilliant time and managed lots of superb shots of the birds.
Nothing was too much trouble. We had the photographer, Jed Wee, as part of the package to help if we were stuck.
Highly recommended you will not be disappointed!!

Reviewed February 19, 2014

We treated our niece to the Owl Experience as she is a huge Harry Potter fan. Sophie was brilliant! Very knowledgeable and it was obvious how much she cared for her birds and the skill that had gone in to their training. We cannot recommend the experience highly enough and we have added this to our list of birthday gifts for family and friends. Swinton Park is a beautiful hotel with delightful grounds. After the owls, we had cream tea and the service and quality were excellent.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

After a walk around the stunning grounds of Swinton Park we had the delightful experience of calling an Eagle Owl and Harris Hawk with the help of Sophie. Recommended for anyone.