“Pub could do with a good clean.”
Review of Bruce Arms

Bruce Arms
Ranked #5 of 16 Restaurants in Masham
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Bruce Arms pub sits to the north side of the historic market square in Masham, North Yorkshire, offering real ales and a selection of spirits, lagers and wines along with homemade food.Our huge beer garden has a spectacular outlook over the River Ure and Lower Wensleydale, that’s why we call the Bruce Arms ‘the pub with a view’!We also have a children’s play area within the beer garden, while parts of it can be hired for free for outdoor events such as music concerts, theatre and dance shows.
Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom
“Pub could do with a good clean.”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Visited this pub on a number of occasions in September it was o/k and when I saw that they has scored 5 stars for their kitchen being clean, I decided it would probably be o/k to eat there. I have to say that I ordered a Balti and the food was very good. After I had finished my dinner my wife kindly brought to the mess on the floor under the tables, it was pretty bad. I am still alive but I will not be going back to the Bruce Arms.

• Visited September 2012

“Cracking night”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We we're over in masham for a relaxed couple of nights.we'd been to the breweries,a few drinks in the bay horse where we we're staying,then moved over to the Bruce's.Very welcoming,good laugh with the landlord and staff,great jukebox and great curry.Thankyou.

Magnac-Laval, France
“A Bar in Masham”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

What a pity that this once vibrant pub is not moving with the times. A beautiful garden with great views and a perfect setting. What a pity that the Indian food is no longer available and that the staff have not moved into the 20th Century. Yes . In order to make a living one must realise that visitors have to be catered for. No good relying on locals all the time. Nonetheless it was clean and there was a bit of banter.

Doncaster, United Kingdom
“what a shame”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

great beer garden, friendly locals what a shame there isn't a better menu. we would still come back.

stockton on tees
“Nice pub”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Food very nice and reasonable. Thatchers on draft, bonus! nice big beer garden with nice views! Would stop off here again for food.