“Fabulous place, fabulous people!!”

Kings Head Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 18 Restaurants in Masham
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 28, 2013

This establishment was a true revelation!! The fact that it's a "branded" restaurant/hotel (which by the way fills me with a certain level of apprehension) should not put one off!! As I say, many years of hotels and travel sometimes jade the view, but wow!! This is a real treat.
The staff are efficient and professional, yet maintain that local family run feel throughout the whole site. The food is fabulous and the only fault I could find was that I didn't know what to have or try next. The rooms ( we had rm24) are just unbelievable! The better half simply loved the bath!! Better than a corporate, larger more expensive chain, and Excellent Value. The whole experience was just perfect. And one which is obviously driven by the management who take pride to look after the locals, and the guests they have staying, as if they're friends rather customers. A real find this place and a credit to the company. Can't wait to return.

Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant was busy and a nice atmosphere. The food if I'm fair was average we thought but the service was excellent both in the restaurant and the bar. We will be back.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

enjoyed a nice meal here on our recent stay in masham. Good portion sizes and I would recommend the battle axe on draught. Fantastic pint :) Also won lots of money on their fruit machine which was a bonus! I had the beef in farmhouse loaf with blacksticks blue cheese...delightful. thankyou

Reviewed November 21, 2012

Had another fantastic meal at the Kings Head in Masham on Monday Evening. My partner had Gammon and I had Chicken and Chorizo. All cooked to perfection - Yummy Yummy. We then managed dessert - a huge slice of chocolate cake and I had the bread and butter pudding which was the best I have ever tasted. Excellent service from all the staff. :-)

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We visited the Kings Head pub during a visit this last weekend. We usually tend to dine where we stay, but decided that we would try somewhere different in the village that evening. Hubby had a steak and ale pie, served with mash and vegetables. He said it was okay - very typical large chain pub grub, with instant mash rather than the real thing. I had a chicken with chirozo served with rosemary potatoes and peppers. Very tasty, but again you could tell it had come out of a freezer or fridge and not been homemade.
Perhaps we are spoiled by the lovely home cooking and large portions that we are used to? Even so, the food at the Kings Head was tasty enough for pub grub.

Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Kings Head Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

Dear MichelleDave,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review, we are pleased you enjoyed your visit and have passed your feedback to the Kings Head to support improving the standards at the pub.

Regards