Bank Villa(Masham)
$127
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
All reviewscourtyard roommarket squareroll top baththe main hotelbar areanice roomsteaklovely mealblack sheepan overnight stayevening mealgood nights sleepcooked breakfastthe pubweekend breakenjoyable staywell worth a visit
Reviewed September 17, 2017

A group of us recently visited and we had rooms outside in the courtyard, our room was well below standard. The room had a foisty smell and it was so dark that we had to use a torch to put our things in the wardrobe, several rooms including ours had extension cables that fed the tv, kettle and lamp, this is not what we would want to see especially as it was not secured (duty of care).
Must state that the staff were all very good and that my complaint is with the company, Greene King

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 16, 2017

Booked one night during a 2 week tour of Yorkshire - once again as with quite a few places we stayed, we were not in the lovely old main building but put in the 'annexe'. It smelt musty and damp and was small and dark. The bathroom was in a terrible state. It was dirty. The actual bath was badly damaged with chucks of the enamel missing. The tiles were dirty and the floor filthy. So much so that I took photos as I was sure no one would believe it.We also had 2 spiders living in the shower when we got there. Breakfast was very good but this sadly does not help when the room so so bad.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in the main hotel NOT the annexe.
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

I had a lovely stay here. I was put in a room which covered 2 floors, I absolutely love quirky rooms so this was fantastic. I was here on business but bought my bike and enjoyed a couple of hours ride, it was nice to be able to keep my bike in the room. Had a couple of black sheep ales after my ride and of course the beer was fantastic. I had a mixed grill for dinner was ok and breakfast was good. Bad points were the bed which was a bit lumpy and the service when things got busy which otherwise was good. Will stay again

Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed September 12, 2017

We loved our stay at the King's Head and can't wait to return. The staff were brilliant and the food fantastic. The bed in room 9 wasn't for us and we struggled to get comfortable and sleep. We will try a twin room next time to try to get a better sleep.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Good Night Inns
Reviewed September 9, 2017

Very nice room. Lots of character. Lovely old beams in a big room with a very big bed sleeping easily 2 adults and a 5 year old child. The bathroom was clean and had all the necessary amenities. Breakfast was very nice with lots of choices of English breakfast and continental. The breakfast room was full of character and style! Pleasant surroundings with lots of greenery for a family to explore.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family