“Relaxing Weekend”

Ranked #5 of 7 Masham B&B and Inns
Scarborough, United Kingdom
“Relaxing Weekend”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Thank you for an excellent stay at the Kings Head your staff are so polite and helpful. Our rooms were in the coat yard 20,21,22 they were clean and warm and when booking again would see if they were free. The food was good we had breakfasts and evening meals which were very good the staff were very attentive to make sure everything was ok. The atmosphere in the pup was good and the beers excellent of course Theakstons and Blacksheep. We thought the prices were on par with most places. We came away to celebrate my son and daughter in laws wedding anniversary and my Birthday also my daughter and partners decision to marry next year!!!! Thank you once again for a great weekend we will see you again. Forgot to say the Showers are fantastic wakes you up in a morning.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Visited Masham courtesy of my daughter and husband as I had wanted to visit the Black Sheep brewery as this produced my all time favourite beer! The hotel is situated in the Market Square with a 5 minute walk to the Brewery".Brilliant"
The hotel is very old and has loads of ambience with lovely staff and the food is excellent
Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Rooms 7 and 8 overlooking the Square were very quiet.There is a further annexe round the back which...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Leeds
Reviewed March 17, 2014

The King's Head is located in the market square in Masham which is a great location to explore the Dales with so many attractions close by.

The hotel staff were friendly and helpful, the room was comfortable enough if slightly tired. The hotel has all the quirks you would expect of a building of its age, but the service and attention to detail is thoroughly modern.

Lovely bar with a really nice atmosphere, and obviously, excellent beer.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Beverley, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in room 11. It was clean with good bathroom facilities. Very comfy bed. We were happily suprised on arrival to find our room was ready early allowing us to check in straight away. We had a lovely lunch. I had the wild boar burger and my husband had the beef pie, which was enormous, both dishes were well cooked and presented.
Breakfast was nice -a good buffet selection of ceareal, toast, fruit etc. Hot dishes are to order. My husband was a bit disappointed with the size of the full English(it is worth noting he eats more than your average person).
The service was outstanding. All staff were polite and chatty without being overbearing. They happIily and quickly replaced a glass of Presecco that I felt was flat. Infact I would go as far to say the service was faultless.

Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

We have had another great night at this hotel. Came last year so pleased to be back. Lovely food, staff and rooms. Lots of deals and offers available on website.

The meals were very tasty and filling. Looking forward to breakfast tomorrow.

Portree, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I was in Masham for a wedding this week and The King's Head was my very first encounter with North Yorkshire hospitality. I was hugely impressed! We didn't stay in the hotel, just popped in for something to eat after a very long day travelling from the north of Scotland. The bar was cosy with the fire burning, it had a great atmosphere - lots of locals in having a Sunday pint, getting the craic, warming up after the pouring rain. Even though it was blatantly obvious we weren't from Yorkshire, we were made to feel very welcome by the staff and locals alike. There were lots of real ales, as you would expect with the fantastic breweries right on the doorstep, and a menu which we all found to be incredibly good value for money before we had even ordered. Being from Scotland, we like a good bargain, and we certainly found that here. I had roast beef with the best Yorkshire pudding I've ever had, my other half had the gourmet burger and said he could've eaten it twice, if it wasn't so huge! Neither of us could manage pudding, but they looked fabulous on paper. In fact, the whole experience was so enjoyable, we returned 2 days later for lunch, and were again blown away by how lovely everything was.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
scarborough
Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

What a find! My wife andI stayed for two nights in a superior rated room. Our first suprise was the extensive free parking available in the town square immediately outside the hotel.

All the staff we encountered on our stay were extremely friendly,helpful with great sense of homour and a wealth of local knowledge.

The hotel interior was tasteful with many interesting local photographs decorating the walls. The superior bedrooms are located around the hotel rear courtyard and have a "wow" factor.

The food we ate during our stay was absolutely top quality, delicious and good value for money.

My wife and I were so impressed with our short stay at the Kings Head Hotel, we are looking for an excuse to book another stay at the hotel asap.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Masham
Swinton Park
The Bay Horse
The Bay Horse
#2 of 7 in Masham
Millgate Bed & Breakfast

Been to Kings Head Hotel Masham? Share your experiences!