“Lovely friendly pub, great beer and great food!”

Kings Head Hotel Masham
Ranked #5 of 7 Masham B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We came across the Kings Head whilst walking in the area a few weeks ago.
They welcomed us and our dog into the bar,which is a huge plus as the previous pub had not allowed dogs.

We returned for their Burns meal that they were doing this weekend.
The staff were great, especially Gillian who was very friendly and helpful.
Our meals were lovely, really tasty, and I am very hard to please :)
All in all we had a lovely evening and will definitely be returning and bringing friends!!
Thank you Kings Head !!

2  Thank Paula093
GoodNightInns, Guest Relations Manager at Kings Head Hotel Masham, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Dear Paula093,

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear of the experience you received whilst visiting the Kings Head, we look forward to seeing you and your friends in the future.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed at the kings head for 3 nights and had a great time. The staff were friendly and helpful especially Craig and Gillian. I had booked for my sister to stay at the hotel on 5th jan for her birthday as a treat and they had a lovely time and a birthday card was left for her , nice touch and a lovely room overlooking the market , which me and my husband stayed in as well . The food was really nice and ate there every night . Will be going back to hotel later in year. Thanks for a great stay and looking forward to coming back .

Room Tip: Rooms on front of hotel look over the market square , lovely view
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 15, 2013

stayed jan 2013 given front room overlookin market nice clean big room with comfy bed.food resonably priced staff helpful and polite asked for a local walk got me one printed off internet.Dont forget to visit blacksheep brewery for the tour and theakstons

1  Thank inotrella
GoodNightInns, Guest Relations Manager at Kings Head Hotel Masham, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Dear inotrella,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and have passed your praise onto our management team.

Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I came down for her birthday weekend and decided to stay a night at this village hotel which I have to say is lovely. From walking in the door the receptionist was so welcoming and friendly as we're all the staff we came across. The room was cosy and warm and the bathroom had the largest bath I've ever seen I relaxed in it up to my chin amazing. The beds and pillows made for one of the most relaxing nights sleep we have had in ages. Will definitely be coming back here it's lovely. Thanks to management and staff keep up the good work.

• Stayed: January 2013
GoodNightInns, Guest Relations Manager at Kings Head Hotel Masham, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Dear JohnnyGandLynne,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review, your feedback has been passed to our management team so they are able to share your praise with the staff.

We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

8 of us stayed at the Kings Hotel for our annual 2 night Christmas get together and walk. Warm welcome when we arrived and a good pint of Black Sheep bitter in the bar. Rooms very comfortable and warm as the weather was bitterly cold.
Only ate in the hotel for one night, but we had pre-ordered from the Christmas menu and had a good meal in the dinning room with crackers etc provided on the table.
A good breakfast the next morning before heading out for our walk.
Overall a great hotel to stay in. Found all the staff very helpful and friendly. The manager helped us when he found out that the A1 was closed on the morning we were due to leave and suggested alternative routes.
An excellent place to use as a base for walks or visiting the local attractions.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
GoodNightInns, Guest Relations Manager at Kings Head Hotel Masham, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear PETER L,

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay along with your feedback regarding our team at the Kings Head, we hope you will consider us if ever in the area again.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stopped here twice for a pot of tea. Friendly staff and a nice pub set in the main square of Masham which is a lovely place for a stroll and home to two great breweries though the Brewery Visitor Centre is a shop, albeit in another fine looking public house. Nice loos!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear MartinAndJo,

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Just returned from a single night stay at the Kings Head hotel, and I am trying not to be overly negative with my review because as this was my fourth stay here over the past couple of years. However I do feel this hotel is not as it once was;

The positives first, the location is fantastic right in the heart of Masham, the staff are efficient and friendly and the food and drink served (unlike some other reviews) i think to be of really good quality and reasonably priced.

The negatives, my biggest issue is with cleanliness! In my opinion the most important aspect of a stay, and I must say my single room was very dirty. Cobwebs on walls and ceilings, dirty windows, rubbish left in the bin from previous guests and an empty toilet roll in the holder! All quite minor you could say, but when you pay over £80 for a single night in a small room i dont believe this is good enough. Also advertised on the website it says you get a hair dryer, well on my last two stays there hasnt been one. In terms of maintainance, the small window was broken, as was the light shade in the bathroom and there were only two wall lights in the room...only one of which worked! Basically very shabby.

Because myself and friends have stayed here more than once recently, I can confirm that the issues I had are not confined soley to the room I have just stayed in, but this was the worst. I have had some GREAT times in this hotel, and I will have more great times in Masham again soon but until I hear this place undergoes abit of a makeover I will be staying elsewhere unfortunately.

Room Tip: The outside rooms seem to be of a higher standard, if possible request either one of those of a room...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
GoodNightInns, Guest Relations Manager at Kings Head Hotel Masham, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Dear Daniel S,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review, the comments you have made will be passed to our management team to be addressed. We hope you notice improvements in the standards should you decide to return to the Kings Head.

Good Night Inns

Also consider these accommodations in or near Masham
Swinton Park Country Club and Spa
The Black Swan Inn
The Black Swan Inn
#1 of 1 in Fearby
Millgate Bed & Breakfast

Been to Kings Head Hotel Masham? Share your experiences!