Kings Head Hotel Masham
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
The Blue Lion(East Witton)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewscourtyard roommarket squaremain buildingroll top bathbar areanice roomlovely mealblack sheepan overnight stayevening mealsteak and ale piethe pubgood nights sleepcooked breakfastweekend breakfull englishenjoyable stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 8, 2011

We only stayed one night and for £79 a night it wasn't great value. The room was ok, big and comfortable but needed some TLC and wasn't 100% clean. That said, the hotel was closing for a refurb, so hopefully they will update the rooms. Our room was over the front of the pub, so it was noisy at closing time, so maybe not great for light sleepers. Masham is a great town, and this is a fab location, right on the Market Place.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jobieone
Reviewed June 6, 2011

We are a family of 2 adults and 2 children. We stayed in a lovely room consisting of an upstairs and down which was perfect for the children as they thought it was really ' cool'.
The owner was lovely and very child friendly. We dined at the restaurant in the evening which was absolutely fantastic. Strongly recommend the fillet steak!! Can honestly say that we would definitely go back there when we re-visit North Yorkshire.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 5, 2011

Super hotel with very friendly and helpful couple managing it for the goodnight inns chain. It has a chef & Brewer restaurant which was very good. The rooms are very comfortable although we had a problem with the plumbing. The whole hotel closes in June for a 2 week refurb of all rooms and bar restaurant so I look forward to staying there again in the future. The hotel building was originally the place where the whole of the north of England population paid their tax dues and in the market place in front of the hotel is a huge plague burial pit explaining why its used only as a carpark. There are 2 small breweries in the village Blacksheep and another one. this place is well worth a visit

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 18, 2011

I enjoyed my stay at the Kings Head Masham.We used vouchers I bought my partner for Christmas from Buyagift (brilliant idea even if I do say so myself!) I managed to get 2 nights for £99 minus an extra 20% discount which I have to say worked out very cheap. We were in the Tack Room at the back of the Hotel. Although this room seemed a bit dark and dismal as there was only a very small window, I was happy enough with it when I discovered the lovely big bath. We found the staff friendly, and breakfast was good. We ate at the restaurant one of our nights. I can recommend the chocolate fudge cake with clotted cream for a special treat. Our second night we went to the local fish and chip shop and sat outside in the square. Lovely. I would go back again!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 15, 2011

We arrved at noon so my wife could change before going racing in Ripon. The Manager who was on reeption when we arrived said we coudn't access our room till 3pm.
I asked if he would give me some type of room for 10 mins so my wife could change as the taxi was picking us up at 12.30. He refused and offered no solution. That was our welcome.
My wife had to change in the bar toilet.
While waiting the Manager was in a confrontation with another guest regarding food poisoning her husband was sufferering from sea bass the previous night.
Needless to say we didn't use the hitel for evening meal or breakfast.
I will not return. Sad because a great location with so much potential

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple